Photographed at BookPeople in Austin, Texas by Frank Arnold
|57,938 (59,246)||971||86|| (3.62)||190||0|
- A is for Alibi (Author) 4,200 copies, 110 reviews
- B is for Burglar (Author) 2,986 copies, 51 reviews
- S is for Silence (Author) 2,742 copies, 56 reviews
- Q is for Quarry (Author) 2,707 copies, 33 reviews
- 'C' is for Corpse (Author) 2,695 copies, 34 reviews
- R is for Ricochet (Author) 2,679 copies, 39 reviews
- P Is for Peril (Author) 2,565 copies, 27 reviews
- M Is for Malice (Author) 2,536 copies, 32 reviews
- D is for Deadbeat (Author) 2,522 copies, 28 reviews
- K is for Killer (Author) 2,513 copies, 18 reviews
- T is for Trespass (Author) 2,513 copies, 76 reviews
- J is for Judgment (Author) 2,499 copies, 24 reviews
- O is for Outlaw 2,482 copies, 23 reviews
- I is for Innocent (Author) 2,481 copies, 26 reviews
- L is for Lawless (Author) 2,460 copies, 21 reviews
- N Is for Noose (Author) 2,457 copies, 24 reviews
- G is for Gumshoe (Author) 2,426 copies, 24 reviews
- E is for Evidence (Author) 2,423 copies, 30 reviews
- F is for Fugitive (Author) 2,394 copies, 26 reviews
- H is for Homicide (Author) 2,376 copies, 26 reviews
- U is for Undertow (Author) 1,907 copies, 92 reviews
- V is for Vengeance (Author) 1,142 copies, 73 reviews
- W is for Wasted (Author) 655 copies, 35 reviews
- A is for Alibi / B is for Burglar / C is for Corpse 329 copies, 4 reviews
- Writing Mysteries: A Handbook by the Mystery Writers of America (Editor) 291 copies, 3 reviews
- Kinsey and Me: Stories 230 copies, 12 reviews
- G is for Gumshoe / H is for Homicide / I is for Innocent 177 copies
- D is for Deadbeat / E is for Evidence / F is for Fugitive 137 copies, 1 review
- J is for Judgment / K is for Killer / L is for Lawless 58 copies
- M is for Malice / N is for Noose / O is for Outlaw 48 copies
- 2nd Culprit 38 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Sue Grafton has 30 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Sue Grafton is published in 28 countries and 26 languages-including Estonian, Bulgarian, and Indonesian. She's an international bestseller with a readership in the millions. She's a writer who believes in the form that she has chosen to mine: "The mystery novel offers a world in which justice is served. Maybe not in a court of law," she has said, "but people do get their just desserts." And like Raymond Chandler and Ross Macdonald, Robert Parker and the John D. MacDonald-the best of her breed-she has earned new respect for that form. Her readers appreciate her buoyant style, her eye for detail, her deft hand with character, her acute social observances, and her abundant storytelling talents.
I was an English major in college with minors in Fine Arts and Humanities. I attended the University of Louisville my freshman year, transferred to what was then Western Kentucky State Teachers College for my sophomore and junior years, and then graduated from the University of Louisville in the summer of 1961. I started writing seriously when I was 18, wrote my first novel when I was 22, and I've never stopped writing since.
Grafton was born in Louisville, Kentucky April 24 1940; graduated University of Louisville, BA 1961 with a major in English Literature, minors in Humanities and Fine Arts.
She married to Steven F. Humphrey with three children from previous marriages: a daughter, Leslie; a son, Jay; a daughter, Jamie; and three granddaughters, Erin, age 21, Kinsey, age 13, Taylor, age 4, and Addison, age 2.
Improve this author
Sue Grafton is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Sue Grafton is composed of 15 names. You can examine and separate out names.