|2,146 (2,181)||154||5,812|| (4.04)||1||1|
- The Good Good Pig: The Extraordinary Life of Christopher Hogwood 634 copies, 29 reviews
- Quest for the Tree Kangaroo: An Expedition to the Cloud Forest of New… 210 copies, 36 reviews
- Kakapo Rescue: Saving the World's Strangest Parrot 172 copies, 15 reviews
- Temple Grandin: How the Girl Who Loved Cows Embraced Autism and Changed… 172 copies, 16 reviews
- The Tarantula Scientist 145 copies, 12 reviews
- Birdology: Adventures with a Pack of Hens, a Peck of Pigeons, Cantankerous… 132 copies, 10 reviews
- The Snake Scientist 100 copies, 6 reviews
- Journey of the Pink Dolphins: An Amazon Quest 93 copies, 3 reviews
- Saving the Ghost of the Mountain: An Expedition Among Snow Leopards in… 90 copies, 7 reviews
- Walking With the Great Apes: Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey, Birute Galdikas 86 copies
- Search for the Golden Moon Bear: Science and Adventure in Pursuit of a New… 50 copies, 3 reviews
- The Man-Eating Tigers of Sundarbans 43 copies, 3 reviews
- Spell of the Tiger: The Man-Eaters of Sundarbans 40 copies, 2 reviews
- Encantado: Pink Dolphin of the Amazon 38 copies, 3 reviews
Top members (works)
Sy Montgomery has 1 upcoming event.
All about octopodes! Sy Montgomery sinks her suckers onto our skin.
Thursday, June 18th, 2015, 7 p.m. at Gibson's BookstoreSy Montgomery
is always fun to host, and this time she's joining us as she discussing her time studying the octopus! She has two books to share: one, The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness
, is for adults, and the second, The Octopus Scientists: Scientists in the Field, is for children.
The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness: In this astonishing book from the author of the bestselling memoir "The Good Good Pig," Sy Montgomery explores the emotional and physical world of the octopus--a surprisingly complex, intelligent, and spirited creature--and the remarkable connections it makes with humans.
The Octopus Scientists: Scientists in the Field: With three hearts and blue blood, its gelatinous body unconstrained by jointed limbs or gravity, the octopus seems to be an alien, an inhabitant of another world. It's baggy, boneless body sprouts eight arms covered with thousands of suckers--suckers that can taste as well as feel. The octopus also has the powers of a superhero: it can shape-shift, change color, squirt ink, pour itself through the tiniest of openings, or jet away through the sea faster than a swimmer can follow.
Location: Street: 45 S Main St Additional: City: Concord , Province: New Hampshire Postal Code: 03301 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Sy Montgomery has 8 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
The Boston Globe called her "a cross between Indiana Jones and Emily Dickinson."
Improve this author
Sy Montgomery is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Sy Montgomery is composed of 2 names. You can examine and separate out names.