|35,301 (35,801)||223||208|| (3.75)||153||1|
DO NOT COMBINE THIS PAGE WITH ANY JOINT PAGES OF DOUGLAS PRESTON AND LINCOLN CHILD Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child are two different people, who have written books collaboratively and separately. Their author pages should not be combined with each other, or with any of the variants using both their names. Please see "Who Should/Shouldn't Get combined" on the Author wiki page. Thank you.
- The Relic 3,113 copies
- The Cabinet of Curiosities (Author) 2,645 copies
- The Book of the Dead 2,307 copies
- Reliquary 2,291 copies
- Brimstone 2,244 copies
- Dance of Death 2,012 copies
- Still Life with Crows 1,979 copies
- The Wheel of Darkness 1,916 copies
- The Monster of Florence 1,503 copies
- Thunderhead 1,480 copies, 25 reviews
- Riptide 1,456 copies
- The Codex 1,390 copies
- Cemetery Dance 1,334 copies
- Tyrannosaur Canyon 1,328 copies, 45 reviews
- The Ice Limit 1,225 copies
- Mount Dragon 1,150 copies
- Fever Dream 1,147 copies, 59 reviews
- Blasphemy 1,078 copies
- Impact 722 copies, 34 reviews
- Cold Vengeance 686 copies
- Gideon's Sword 601 copies
- Two Graves 512 copies, 27 reviews
- Gideon's Corpse 317 copies, 17 reviews
- White Fire 281 copies
- Dinosaurs in the Attic: An Excursion into the American Museum of Natural… 169 copies, 5 reviews
- Jennie 151 copies, 3 reviews
- Cities of Gold: A Journey Across the American Southwest 79 copies, 3 reviews
- Extraction 59 copies
- Talking to the Ground: One Family's Journey on Horseback Across the Sacred… 36 copies, 2 reviews
- The Royal Road: El Camino Real from Mexico City to Santa Fe 13 copies, 1 review
- Trial By Fury: Internet Savagery and the Amanda Knox Case (Kindle Single) 13 copies
Top members (works)
Douglas Preston has 1 upcoming event.
MysteryPeople Presents: DOUGLAS PRESTON- The Kraken Project
Saturday, May 24 at 4PM
#1 New York Times-Bestselling Author Douglas Preston
speaking & signing The Kraken Project
About The Kraken Project
: NASA is building a probe to be splashed down in the Kraken Mare, the largest sea on Saturn’s great moon, Titan. It is one of the most promising habitats for extraterrestrial life in the solar system, but the surface is unpredictable and dangerous, requiring the probe to contain artificial intelligence software. To this end, Melissa Shepherd, a brilliant programmer, has developed "Dorothy," a powerful, self-modifying AI whose true potential is both revolutionary and terrifying. When miscalculations lead to a catastrophe during testing, Dorothy flees into the internet.Former CIA agent Wyman Ford is tapped to track down the rogue AI. As Ford and Shepherd search for Dorothy, they realize that her horrific experiences in the wasteland of the Internet have changed her in ways they can barely imagine. And they’re not the only ones looking for the wayward software: the AI is also being pursued by a pair of Wall Street traders, who want to capture her code and turn her into a high-speed trading bot.Traumatized, angry, and relentlessly hunted, Dorothy has an extraordinary revelation—and devises a plan. As the pursuit of Dorothy converges on a deserted house on the coast of Northern California, Ford must face the ultimate question: is rescuing Dorothy the right thing?
Douglas Preston is the author of The Monster of Florence, currently being developed as a film starring George Clooney as Preston himself, and the New York Times bestsellers Impact, Tyrannosaur Canyon, and Blasphemy. He is the co-author, with Lincoln Child, of the famed Pendergast series of novels, including such bestselling titles as The Book of the Dead and The Wheel of Darkness, as well as The Relic, which was made into a number one box office hit movie. In order to have anything signed at a BookPeople event, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. If you purchase your book from BookPeople in advance of the event, please save your receipt and present it at the event.
Thank you for supporting Douglas Preston, MysteryPeople & your local independent bookstore!
Location: Street: 603 N Lamar Blvd City: Austin, Province: Texas Postal Code: 78703-5413 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Douglas Preston has 16 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
DO NOT COMBINE THIS PAGE WITH ANY JOINT PAGES OF DOUGLAS PRESTON AND LINCOLN CHILD
Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child are two different people, who have written books collaboratively and separately. Their author pages should not
be combined with each other, or with any of the variants using both their names. Please see "Who Should/Shouldn't Get combined" on the Author wiki page
. Thank you.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Douglas Preston is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Douglas Preston is composed of 5 names. You can examine and separate out names.