Photo: Zuzana Krejciova
|1,576 (2,906)||133||7,692|| (3.74)||8||1|
- The Quantum Thief 1,087 copies, 62 reviews
- The Fractal Prince 339 copies, 14 reviews
- The Causal Angel 105 copies, 3 reviews
- Elegy For A Young Elk 9 copies, 4 reviews
- "His Master's Voice" 8 copies, 4 reviews
- Words of Birth and Death 8 copies
- "Deus Ex Homine" 6 copies, 4 reviews
- Tyche And The Ants 4 copies, 1 review
- The Server and the Dragon [short story] 4 copies, 3 reviews
- Invisible planets (with apologies to Italo Calvino) 1 copy, 1 review
- The Quantum Thief by Rajaniemi, Hannu (2011) 1 copy
- Gingerbread 1 copy, 1 review
- Naarssuk's Daughter 1 copy, 1 review
- Kosmograd Blues 1 copy, 1 review
- The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Third Annual Collection (Contributor) 395 copies, 5 reviews
- The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Sixth Annual Collection (Contributor) 248 copies, 2 reviews
- The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Eighth Annual Collection (Contributor) 166 copies, 4 reviews
- Engineering Infinity (Contributor) 165 copies, 9 reviews
- The Year's Best Science Fiction: Thirtieth Annual Collection (Contributor) 88 copies, 2 reviews
- Edge of Infinity (Contributor) 72 copies, 2 reviews
- The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year Volume Five (Author) 54 copies, 2 reviews
- The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year Volume Six (Contributor, some editions) 49 copies, 2 reviews
- Twenty-First Century Science Fiction (Contributor) 46 copies
- Reach for Infinity (Contributor) 25 copies, 3 reviews
- The Apex Book of World SF 2 (Contributor) 22 copies, 2 reviews
Top members (works)
Hannu Rajaniemi has 1 upcoming event.
San Diego Book Discussion Group - Quantum Thief
The January 28 discussion focuses on Hannu Rajaniemi
's The Quantum
The San Diego Book Discussion Group is led by Fearless Leader Christine. Participation is open to all readers; readers need not have completed a particular book to attend – it’s the perfect opportunity for readers to branch out and find new favorites!
Attendees receive 20% off of the current book club selection!
Location: Street: 5943 Balboa Avenue Additional: Suite #100 City: San Diego, Province: California Postal Code: 92111 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Hannu Rajaniemi has 3 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Hannu Rajaniemi was born in Ylivieska, Finland, in 1978. He read his first science fiction novel at the age of 6 -- Jules Verne's *20,000 Leagues Under the Sea*. At the age of 8 Hannu approached ESA with a fusion-powered spaceship design, which was received with a polite thank you note.
Hannu studied mathematics and theoretical physics at the University of Oulu and completed a B.Sc. thesis on transcendental numbers. He went on to complete Part III of the Mathematical Tripos at Cambridge University and a PhD in string theory at University of Edinburgh. After completing his PhD, Hannu joined three partners to co-found ThinkTank Maths (TTM). The company provides mathematics-based technologies in the defence, space and energy sectors.
Hannu is a member of an Edinburgh-based writers' group which includes Alan Campbell, Jack Deighton, Caroline Dunford and Charles Stross. His first fiction sale was the short story *Shibuya no Love* to Futurismic.com. Hannu's first novel, *The Quantum Thief*, is published by Gollancz in the UK and by Tor in the US.
Improve this author
Hannu Rajaniemi is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Hannu Rajaniemi is composed of 3 names. You can examine and separate out names.