- Tomorrow's Alphabet (Mulberry Books) 269 copies, 9 reviews
- Stories to Solve 229 copies, 1 review
- More Stories to Solve 104 copies, 2 reviews
- White is for Blueberry 101 copies, 24 reviews
- Rabbit's Gift 99 copies, 7 reviews
- Lizard's Song 67 copies
- Climbing Kansas Mountains (Aladdin Picture Books) 61 copies, 4 reviews
- True Lies 46 copies
- Dance Away 42 copies, 3 reviews
- Tippy-Toe Chick, Go! 41 copies, 5 reviews
- Who Put the Cookies in the Cookie Jar? 38 copies, 7 reviews
- Lizard's Home 38 copies, 1 review
- Still More Stories to Solve 34 copies, 3 reviews
- Unlived Affections 22 copies, 2 reviews
- A Very Witchy Spelling Bee 21 copies, 1 review
- Busy in the Garden 19 copies, 1 review
- Frog Legs 19 copies
- Turkey Tot 18 copies, 1 review
- More True Lies: 18 Tales for You to Judge 18 copies
- The Surprise 17 copies
- Heart to Heart 16 copies, 3 reviews
- April Showers 15 copies, 4 reviews
- Lizard's Guest (Junior Library Guild Selection) 13 copies, 1 review
- Seeds 12 copies, 1 review
- DANCING THE BREEZE 10 copies, 1 review
- Sea Gifts 10 copies
- The Piney Woods peddler 9 copies
- Spring: A Haiku Story 9 copies
- Laughing All the Way 9 copies, 2 reviews
- The Secret Chicken Club 7 copies
- Wise Acres 6 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
George Shannon has 2 upcoming events.
Jennifer K. Mann, Two Speckled Eggs
Local illustrator Jennifer K. Mann
has had a book published before, so this isn't, strictly speaking, a debut. (She illustrated our own George Shannon
's Turkey Tot
last year, see below).
But this is her first book she wrote herself, as well as illustrated, so we're counting this an especially festive big deal!
And it's such a sweet book! We knew the illustrations would be lovely, and they are quirky and wonderful. But the story is so good, too! It involves eggs that no chicken laid, sure, but it mostly seeks to include anyone who's ever felt excluded.
This is going to be a super-fun launch party. You should join us!
In the meantime, here's the author's website, Jen's Red Wagon.
Location: Street: Secret Garden Additional: 2214 NW Market St City: Seattle, Province: Washington Postal Code: 98107-4024 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Two Speckled Eggs, with Jennifer Mann
Great news! Bainbridge Island illustrator Jennifer K. Mann
is also an author -- and we are helping to celebrate the launch of her first children's picture book! And it is an Indie Next kids pic this spring. Come join us! You might find some delicious malted bird's eggs!
A birthday party sets the scene in this sweet and relatable story for anyone who's ever been the odd girl out. It's Ginger's birthday, and she has to invite all the girls in her class to her party, including Lyla Browning. Lyla isn't like the other girls: she smells like old leaves, doesn't talk much, and once brought a tarantula to school for show-and-tell. On the day of the party, Lyla is much earlier than everyone else. But even after the others arrive, Ginger's party doesn't go quite the way she'd hoped: some of the girls change the rules to the games, and no one likes her silver and gold birthday cake -- except Lyla. By the time Lyla gives Ginger her present -- a tiny homemade nest with two delicious malted-milk eggs -- Ginger begins to wonder: is being different really such a bad thing?
"Two opposites may not be as opposite as they imagined in Mann's look at grade school cliques and oddballs....Readers may not look at their classmates the same again." Kirkus Reviews
Jennifer K. Mann was an architect before turning to children's books full time. Two Speckled Eggs is the first book that she has written and illustrated. She illustrated BI author George Shannon's Turkey Tot. Mann lives on an island near Seattle with her husband, children, cats, dogs, and chickens
Location: Street: 157 Winslow Way E. City: Bainbridge Island, Province: Washington Postal Code: 98110 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
George Shannon has 3 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Related book awards
Improve this author
George Shannon is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
George Shannon is composed of 1 name.