|4,844 (19,404)||158||2,331|| (4.18)||5||1|
- It's A Book (Illustrator) 1,015 copies
- John, Paul, George & Ben 992 copies
- Science Verse (Illustrator) 627 copies
- Grandpa Green 444 copies, 90 reviews
- The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip (Illustrator) 427 copies, 9 reviews
- The Big Pets 241 copies, 1 review
- Glasses: Who Needs 'Em? 210 copies, 12 reviews
- The Happy Hocky Family 204 copies, 3 reviews
- Princess Hyacinth (The Surprising Tale of a Girl Who Floated) (Illustrator) 150 copies
- Abe Lincoln's Dream 130 copies, 18 reviews
- Madam President 120 copies, 11 reviews
- Pinocchio: The Boy 115 copies
- The Happy Hocky Family Moves to the Country 93 copies, 4 reviews
- The Big Elephant in the Room 52 copies, 10 reviews
Top members (works)
Lane Smith has 1 upcoming event.
Story Time: Screen Free Week Kickoff!
Saturday, May 3, 11:00 AM Story Time: Screen Free Week Kickoff!
Screen Free Week (May 5 – 11) is an international celebration where children, families, schools, and communities spend seven days turning OFF entertainment screen media and turning ON life! It’s a time to unplug and play, daydream, create, explore nature, spend time with family and friends – and of course, read! We’re celebrating with a story time featuring some of our favorite books about the screen free life, including Dan Yaccarino’s Doug Unplugged, about a robot boy who discovers what’s beyond the data feed, and Lane Smith’s It’s a Book, in which a monkey teaches a donkey about this strange bit of non-electronic technology. We’ll also be handing out Screen Free cards, which kids can fill in with their screen-free activities during the week – bring them back completed after May 11 for a $5 Greenlight gift card! Ages 3 to 8.
Location: Street: 686 Fulton Street City: Brooklyn, Province: New York Postal Code: 11217 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Lane Smith has 7 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Lane Smith has written and illustrated a bunch of stuff. Most recently Madam President and John, Paul,Ben and George which were both New York Times and Publishers Weekly bestsellers. His titles with Jon Scieszka have included the Caldecott Honor winner TheStinky Cheese Man. Lane's other high profile titles includeHorray for Diffendoffer Day! by Dr. Seuss and Jack Prelutsky and James and the Giant Peachby Roald Dahl. In 1996 Lane served as Conceptual Designer on the Disney film version of James and the Giant Peach.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Lane Smith is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Lane Smith is composed of 2 names. You can examine and separate out names.