Kate Atkinson Photo: John Foley/Opale
- Case Histories 4,891 copies, 206 reviews
- Behind the Scenes at the Museum 3,243 copies, 80 reviews
- One Good Turn: A Jolly Murder Mystery 2,695 copies, 137 reviews
- When Will There Be Good News? 2,416 copies, 159 reviews
- Started Early, Took My Dog 1,549 copies, 114 reviews
- Human Croquet 1,256 copies, 27 reviews
- Emotionally Weird 1,144 copies, 25 reviews
- Life After Life 780 copies, 64 reviews
- Not the End of the World 663 copies, 21 reviews
- Abandonment 20 copies
- On a de la chance de vivre aujourd'hui 8 copies, 1 review
- Behind The Scenes at the Museum / Human Croquet / Emotionally Weird 6 copies
- BOSOM BUDDIES: WOMEN'S STORIES ABOUT FRIENDSHIP, LOVE AND LIFE. 4 copies
- Snap Shots 2 copies
Top members (works)
Kate Atkinson has 1 upcoming event.
May Blockbusters: Kate Atkinson
’s first book, Behind the Scenes of the Museum
, beat Salman Rushdie to win the Whitbread Book of the Year.
Since then, she’s captured readers' hearts with her tough-but-empathetic Yorkshire PI, Jackson Brodie.
Her latest book, the wildly inventive Life After Life
, is shortlisted for the Women’s Prize for Fiction – and hotly tipped for this year’s Booker.
What if you had the chance to live your life again and again, until you got it right? The characters in this genre-bending book get just that.
Atkinson will be in conversation with Sue Turnbull.
Kate Atkinson appears as part of a double-bill with Sylvia Nasar.
Kate Atkinson is presented in association with Sisters in Crime. (rodneyvc)… (more)
Kate Atkinson has 14 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
She was born in York, and studied English Literature at the University of Dundee, gaining her Masters Degree in 1974. During her final year of this course, she was married for the first time. The marriage lasted only two years, but produced Atkinson's first daughter, Eve, who was born in 1975. She subsequently studied for a doctorate in American Literature which she failed at the viva stage. After leaving university, she took on a variety of miscellaneous jobs from home help to legal secretary and teacher. She lived in Whitby, Yorkshire for a time, but now lives in Edinburgh.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Kate Atkinson is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Kate Atkinson is composed of 5 names. You can examine and separate out names.