Kate Atkinson Photo: John Foley/Opale
|23,289 (23,739)||1,135||422|| (3.86)||188||1|
- Case Histories 5,443 copies, 243 reviews
- Behind the Scenes at the Museum 3,510 copies, 87 reviews
- Life After Life 3,281 copies, 272 reviews
- One Good Turn 3,018 copies, 148 reviews
- When Will There Be Good News? 2,685 copies, 162 reviews
- Started Early, Took My Dog 1,893 copies, 128 reviews
- Human Croquet 1,368 copies, 28 reviews
- Emotionally Weird 1,252 copies, 29 reviews
- Not the End of the World 723 copies, 24 reviews
- A God in Ruins 45 copies
- Abandonment 24 copies
- Lucky We Live Now 10 copies, 1 review
- A Day in the Life (Contributor) 10 copies
- Behind The Scenes at the Museum / Human Croquet / Emotionally Weird 9 copies
Top members (works)
Kate Atkinson has 1 upcoming event.
Book Club for Adults, Every Third Thursday
You’re cordially invited to attend our every third Thursday of the month Book Club for grown-ups.
This month's book is Life After Life
Moderated by longtime bookseller Michelle and events gal Suzanne, our book club is multi-generational, friendly, casually well read, and one of the best groups to talk about a book with we've ever met!
There's no need to register or RSVP. Just show up and join the lively discussion. As always, our club books will be discounted 10% every month. Additionally, if your book club buys 3 or more copies of one title, we’ll happily discount any and all other book club’s titles too!
Location: Street: Secret Garden Additional: 2214 NW Market St. City: Seattle, Province: Washington Postal Code: 98107-4024 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Kate Atkinson has 36 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
She was born in York, and studied English Literature at the University of Dundee, gaining her Masters Degree in 1974. During her final year of this course, she was married for the first time. The marriage lasted only two years, but produced Atkinson's first daughter, Eve, who was born in 1975. She subsequently studied for a doctorate in American Literature which she failed at the viva stage. After leaving university, she took on a variety of miscellaneous jobs from home help to legal secretary and teacher. She lived in Whitby, Yorkshire for a time, but now lives in Edinburgh.
Improve this author
Kate Atkinson is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Kate Atkinson is composed of 8 names. You can examine and separate out names.