|21,938 (22,992)||609||465|| (3.74)||91||1|
- Peter and the Starcatchers 3,311 copies, 120 reviews
- Peter and the Shadow Thieves 1,510 copies, 36 reviews
- Big Trouble 1,459 copies, 39 reviews
- Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Author) 971 copies, 28 reviews
- Dave Barry's Greatest Hits 902 copies, 8 reviews
- Dave Barry Slept Here: A Sort of History of the United States 885 copies, 19 reviews
- Tricky Business 783 copies, 21 reviews
- Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys : A Fairly Short Book 724 copies, 18 reviews
- Dave Barry is Not Making This Up 701 copies, 14 reviews
- Dave Barry in Cyberspace 629 copies, 5 reviews
- Dave Barry's Only Travel Guide You'll Ever Need 615 copies, 12 reviews
- Dave Barry Does Japan 606 copies, 7 reviews
- Dave Barry's Bad Habits : A 100% Fact-Free Book 585 copies, 4 reviews
- Naked Came the Manatee (Contributor) 492 copies, 13 reviews
- Dave Barry Turns 40 491 copies, 5 reviews
- Dave Barry is from Mars and Venus 480 copies, 4 reviews
- Dave Barry Talks Back 478 copies, 6 reviews
- Peter and the Sword of Mercy 419 copies, 11 reviews
- Dave Barry Hits Below the Beltway : A Vicious and Unprovoked Attack on Our… 364 copies, 5 reviews
- Dave Barry is not Taking this Sitting Down! 353 copies, 5 reviews
- Dave Barry Turns 50 339 copies, 4 reviews
- Homes and Other Black Holes 327 copies, 5 reviews
- Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs 327 copies, 11 reviews
- Dave Barry's Guide to Life (Contains: "Dave Barry's Guide to Marriage… 302 copies, 3 reviews
- Dave Barry's History of the Millennium (So Far) 274 copies, 8 reviews
- Dave Barry's Money Secrets : Like, Why is There a Giant Eyeball on the… 271 copies, 12 reviews
- Boogers are My Beat : More Lies, but Some Actual Journalism 267 copies, 4 reviews
- The Shepherd, the Angel, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog 237 copies, 18 reviews
- I'll Mature When I'm Dead : Dave Barry's Amazing Tales of Adulthood 234 copies, 19 reviews
- Science Fair 234 copies, 10 reviews
- Insane City 218 copies, 40 reviews
Top members (works)
Dave Barry has 1 upcoming event.
PREMIER EVENT: DAVE BARRY
Credit: Daniel Portnoy
Premier Event: Dave Barry
Tuesday, March 10, 7:30 p.m.
Live Right and Find Happiness (Although Beer Is Much Faster): Life Lessons from Dave Barry
Tickets are available at Kepler's and online at Brown Paper Tickets
Ready to laugh so loud you'll fall out of your chair?
During the course of living (mumble, mumble) years, Dave Barry has learned much of wisdom,* (*actual wisdom not guaranteed) and he is eager to pass it on—to the next generation, the generation after that, and, you get the idea...
In brilliant, brand-new, never-before-published pieces, Dave passes on home truths to his new grandson and to his daughter Sophie, who will be getting her learner’s permit in 2015. (“So you’re about to start driving! How exciting! I’m going to kill myself”). He explores the hometown of his youth, where the grown-ups were supposed to be uptight 50s' conformists but seemed to have a lot of un–Mad Men–like fun—unlike Dave’s own Baby Boomer generation, which was supposed to be wild and crazy, but somehow turned into neurotic hover-parents.
He dives into everything from the inanity of cable news and the benefits of Google Glass (“You will look like a douchebag”) to the loneliness of high school nerds (“You will never hear a high school girl say about a boy, in a dreamy voice, ‘He’s so sarcastic!’”), from the perils of home repair to firsthand accounts of the soccer craziness of Brazil and the just plain crazy craziness of Vladimir Putin’s Russia (“He stares at the camera with the expression of a man who relaxes by strangling small furry animals”), and a lot more besides.
Dave Barry has been a professional humorist ever since he discovered that professional humor was a lot easier than working. He has won the Pulitzer Prize for commentary (one of Barry's columns was largely responsible for the movement to observe International Talk Like a Pirate Day every year on September 19). In addition, he has written more than 30 books, including the novels Big Trouble, Lunatics, Tricky Business and, most recently, Insane City. He has also written a number of books with titles like I'll Mature When I'm Dead, which are technically classified as nonfiction, although they contain numerous lies.
Location: Street: 1010 El Camino Real City: Menlo Park, Province: California Postal Code: 94025-4349 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Dave Barry has 1 media appearance.
A conversation about "Naked Came the Manatee"
Dave Barry has 48 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Dave Barry is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Dave Barry is composed of 5 names. You can examine and separate out names.