Photo by Greg Martin
|8,119 (9,183)||308||1,336|| (4.19)||76||2|
- Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic 3,885 copies, 195 reviews
- Are You My Mother?: A Comic Drama 638 copies, 44 reviews
- The Essential Dykes to Watch Out For 455 copies, 22 reviews
- Dykes to Watch Out for 333 copies, 3 reviews
- New Improved!: Dykes to Watch Out for 274 copies
- More Dykes To Watch Out For 271 copies
- Hot, Throbbing Dykes to Watch Out for 251 copies, 1 review
- Split-Level Dykes to Watch Out for 251 copies
- Dykes and Sundry Other Carbon-Based Life Forms to Watch Out For 239 copies, 1 review
- Invasion of the Dykes to Watch Out For (Dykes to Watch Out for) 236 copies, 1 review
- Spawn of Dykes to Watch Out for 235 copies
- The Indelible Alison Bechdel : Confessions, Comix, and Miscellaneous Dykes… 231 copies, 1 review
- Unnatural Dykes to Watch Out for 230 copies
- Post-Dykes to Watch Out For 228 copies
Top members (works)
Alison Bechdel has 2 upcoming events.
VB Reads...Motherhood by the Book
Motherhood by the Book is led by Claire, VB staffer, mother of a toddler, and stepmother of an adolescent.
The book group meets on the second Sunday of every month at 2pm on the mezzanine level, next to our poetry section and near the Book Fare Cafe, for an hour of spirited discussion of books that celebrate the trials, tribulations, and rewards of motherhood, and what it means to be a mother. This group is by no means exclusive to moms with kids still at home, but much of the selection may be geared toward issues that those moms face. We will read fiction, non-fiction, and parenting books.
Sun, Apr 13, 2pm
Are You My Mother?: A Comic Drama by Alison Bechdel
From the best-selling author of Fun Home, Time magazine's No. 1 Book of the Year, a poignant and hilarious graphic memoir of Alison Bechdel becoming the artist her gifted mother always wanted to be.
Location: Street: 1200 11th St City: Bellingham, Province: Washington Postal Code: 98225-7015 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Oakland - The Diesel Readers discuss "Are You My Mother?"
Diesel, A Bookstore in Oakland welcomes The Diesel Readers back to the store to discuss Are You My Mother?
A Comic Drama by Alison Bechdel
on Monday, March 24th at 7pm.Alison Bechdel
's graphic novel explores her complicated, fraught relationship with her mother, a voracious reader, a lover of music, a passionate amateur actor - in short, a woman whose artistic ambitions loomed large over her daughter's life. When Alison was seven, her mother abruptly stopped touching or kissing her goodnight, a decision which opened the chasm that defined their relationship. Bechdel explores this gulf, interweaving the work of psychoanalyst Donald Winnicott and anecdotes from both her childhood and her adult life with gorgeous illustrations.
This event is free and all are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Location: Street: 5433 College Ave City: Oakland, Province: California Postal Code: 94618-1502 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Alison Bechdel has 24 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Alison Bechtel, a careful archivist of her own life, began keeping a journal when she was ten. Four of her books have won Lambda Awards for humor. Bechdel lives near Burlington, Vermont. [adapted from Fun Home (2006)]
Related book awards
Improve this author
Alison Bechdel is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Alison Bechdel is composed of 4 names. You can examine and separate out names.