Photo by Harald Hoffmann, 1981. (Deutsches Bundesarchiv Bild B 145 Bild-F062164-0004)
|9,621 (11,124)||150||1,178|| (3.8)||11||1|
- The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum 1,545 copies, 27 reviews
- The Clown 1,496 copies, 20 reviews
- Billiards at Half-Past Nine (Author) 800 copies, 10 reviews
- Group Portrait With Lady 793 copies, 10 reviews
- Irish Journal 443 copies, 6 reviews
- And Never Said a Word 379 copies, 3 reviews
- The Train Was on Time 311 copies, 3 reviews
- The Safety Net 260 copies, 6 reviews
- And Where Were You, Adam? 244 copies, 3 reviews
- The Bread of Those Early Years 239 copies, 4 reviews
- End of a Mission 234 copies, 4 reviews
- Tomorrow and Yesterday 225 copies, 1 review
- The Stories of Heinrich Böll 200 copies, 2 reviews
- The Silent Angel (Author) 197 copies, 1 review
- The Man Outside (Afterword, some editions) 449 copies, 6 reviews
- Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories 276 copies, 8 reviews
- Transit (Afterword, some editions) 261 copies, 6 reviews
- Ashes and Diamonds (Introduction, some editions) 212 copies, 3 reviews
- Great Modern European Short Stories (Contributor) 84 copies, 1 review
- Deutschland erzählt : Von Arthur Schnitzler bis Uwe Johnson (Contributor) 69 copies
- Cancer Ward: Part 1 (Preface, some editions) 52 copies
- Cancer ward: Part 2 (Preface, some editions) 38 copies
- World exhibition of photography on the theme: what is man? 555 photos by… (Introduction) 16 copies
- Hörspiele (Contributor) 9 copies
- Nobel Writers on Writing (Contributor) 6 copies
- Moderne Erzähler 2 (Author) 5 copies, 1 review
- Moderne Erzähler 14 (Author) 5 copies
- New world writing : seventh Mentor selection (Contributor) 5 copies
Top members (works)
Heinrich Böll has 1 upcoming event.
Oakland- The Seated Diesels discuss "The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum"
Diesel, A Bookstore in Oakland welcomes The Seated Diesels back to the store to discuss The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum
: Or Where Violence Develops and Where It Can Lead by Heinrich Boll
on Tuesday, October 28th at 7:30 pm.
In an era in which journalists will stop at nothing to break a story, Heinrich Boll
's, The Lost Honor of Katharina Blum
, has taken on heightened relevance. A young woman's association with a hunted man makes her the target of a journalist determined to grab headlines by portraying her as an evil woman. As the attacks on her escalate and she becomes the victim of anonymous threats, Katharina sees only one way out of her nightmare. Turning the mystery genre on its head, the novel begins with the confession of a crime, drawing the reader into a web of sensationalism, character assassination, and the unavoidable eruption of violence.
This event is free and all are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Location: Street: 5433 College Ave City: Oakland, Province: California Postal Code: 94618-1502 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
"Heinrich Böll" is composed of at least 2 distinct authors, divided by their works. You can edit the division.
Go to the disambiguation page to edit author name combination and separation.
Heinrich Böll is composed of 18 names. You can examine and separate out names.