Arna Wendell Bontemps (1902-1973), photographed by Carl Van Vechten, Aug. 15, 1939 (Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division, Van Vechten Collection, Reproduction Number: LC-USZC2-6356)
|790 (3,411)||45||18,743|| (3.75)||0||0|
- The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man (Introduction, some editions) 984 copies, 20 reviews
- Cane (Introduction, some editions) 896 copies, 6 reviews
- Cane [Norton Critical Edition, 2nd ed.] (Contributor) 360 copies, 5 reviews
- The New Negro: Voices of the Harlem Renaissance (Contributor) 228 copies, 1 review
- The Best Short Stories by Black Writers, 1899-1967: The Classic Anthology (Contributor) 122 copies, 1 review
- Harlem Renaissance: Four Novels of the 1930s (Library of America) (Contributor; Contributor) 78 copies
- Don't You Turn Back (Introduction, some editions) 16 copies, 3 reviews
- Anger, and beyond: the Negro writer in the United States (Contributor, some editions) 11 copies
- Negro American heritage (Editor, some editions) 4 copies
Top members (works)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Combination issues. This author has combination issues that need to be cleared up.
Arna Bontemps is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Arna Bontemps is composed of 14 names. You can examine and separate out names.