George Catlin (1796-1872) was an American traveller and artist specializing in Native Americans. George Edward Gordon Catlin (1896-1979) was a British political scientist and philosopher, author of "One Anglo-American Nation" and "In the Path of Mahatma Gandhi".
**George Catlin(1796-1872) wrote only 8 books and several pamphlets. They are:
1. North American Indian Portfolio (1844). This is the famous folio with 25 color plates. If your book does not have 25 color plates then it is not the Portfolio.
2. Illustration of the Manners and Customs / Letters and Notes / Eight Years of Travel and Adventure Among the Wildest etc. (1841). Some issues have color plates but these are rare. This book has many titles which creates all kinds of chaos.
3. Life Amongst (among) the Indians (1861).
4. Last Rambles Amongst (among) the Indians (1867).
5. O-Kee-pa: a religious ceremony (1867). There is an unauthorized version "An Account of an Annual Religious Ceremony" (1865). The two accounts are sufficiently different to be separated by Howes but not by me since he only wrote one. See Field p. 64 for more.
6. Catlin's Notes of Eight Years Travels and Residence in Europe / Adventures of the Ojibbeway and Ioway Indians in England (1848). Many different titles here as well. He spent 8 years in the American West and 8 years in Europe which also leads to confusion.
7. A Descriptive Catalogue of Catlin's Indian Collection (1848).
8. Breath of Life (1862). A pamphlet really.
Pamphlets include: Catalogue of Catlin's Indian Gallery (36pp.)(1837)(not be confused with 600p 1848 catalogue); Fourteen Ioway Indians (28 pp.)(1844)
W. H. Miner is his 1901 bibliography lists 28 items but included foreign language translations, magazine articles, pamphlets and esoterica in reaching that number.