|9,647 (9,739)||66||1,125|| (3.61)||21||1|
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment… 1,161 copies, 14 reviews
- Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old 707 copies
- How to Know God: The Soul's Journey into the Mystery of Mysteries 540 copies, 3 reviews
- The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life 512 copies
- Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment 508 copies
- The Return of Merlin 448 copies
- The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You… 422 copies, 4 reviews
- Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind/Body Medicine 374 copies, 4 reviews
- Perfect Health: The Complete Mind/Body Guide, Revised and Updated Edition 369 copies
- The Path to Love: Renewing the Power of Spirit in Your Life 335 copies
- The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of… 323 copies, 3 reviews
- Life After Death: The Burden of Proof 312 copies, 4 reviews
- The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore 257 copies
- Creating Affluence: The A-to-Z Steps to a Richer Life (Chopra, Deepak) 235 copies, 1 review
- The Love Poems of Rumi 167 copies
- Unconditional Life: Discovering the Power to Fulfill Your Dreams 157 copies
- The Seven Spiritual Laws for Parents: Guiding Your Children to Success and… 134 copies
- Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul: How to Create a New You 132 copies
- Grow Younger, Live Longer: 10 Steps to Reverse Aging 126 copies, 3 reviews
- Jesus 125 copies, 4 reviews
- Peace Is the Way: Bringing War and Violence to an End (Chopra, Deepak) 123 copies
- Why Is God Laughing?: The Path to Joy and Spiritual Optimism 102 copies, 3 reviews
- Creating Health: How to Wake Up the Body's Intelligence 101 copies, 2 reviews
- Perfect Weight: The Complete Mind/Body Program for Achieving and… 93 copies
- Soulmate 83 copies
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga: A Practical Guide to Healing Body, Mind,… 79 copies, 1 review
- The Shadow Effect: Illuminating the Hidden Power of Your True Self 75 copies, 1 review
- Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness 71 copies, 2 reviews
- Journey Into Healing: Awakening the Wisdom Within You 70 copies
- Restful Sleep: The Complete Mind/Body Program for Overcoming Insomnia 69 copies
- Synchrodestiny: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence to Create… 66 copies, 3 reviews
Top members (works)
Deepak Chopra has 1 upcoming event.
Judith Orloff | The Ecstasy of Surrender
7PM WEDNESDAY, MAY 13 Judith Orloff
, MD: The Ecstasy of Surrender
Bestselling intuition expert Judith Orloff
presents her new book, The Ecstasy of Surrender: 12 Surprising Ways Letting Go Can Empower Your Life
Orloff asks, "Are you longing for your life to be easier, with more fun and less drama? What if you could enjoy what you have, instead of always lusting for more?" She says that you can achieve this and other lasting positive changes, when you learn to surrender. The Ecstasy of Surrender shows how knowing when to be assertive, and when to let go, is the secret to manifesting power, success, and intuition in all areas of life—including work, relationships, sexuality, spirituality, aging, and health. Surrendering removes roadblocks in your life and the exhaustion that comes from “trying too hard," and helps you achieve goals more effortlessly and joyfully. Orloff says learning to surrender is an invaluable skill for anyone who wants a positive, intuitive way of living that increases power, inner peace, and ecstasy. Bestseller Deepak Chopra raves, "With wisdom, grace and good humor, Judith Orloff's book provides a road map for helping us let go of our fears and anxieties."
EVENT DETAILS TICKET (admits two) is free when you purchase The Ecstasy of Surrender from Changing Hands Bookstore. Letter groups (printed on top of ticket) will be called at 6pm to fill seats and designated standing room. If available, seating and standing room opens to those without tickets at 6:45pm. Space cannot be guaranteed for late arrivals. Booksigning line forms by assigned letter group after the presentation. Those without tickets may get their books signed after ticket-holders, if time allows. Event details may be subject to unannounced changes. ABOUT THE AUTHOR Judith Orloff, MD, is an assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at UCLA and is the author of the bestsellers Emotional Freedom, Positive Energy, Dr. Judith Orloff's Guide to Intuitive Healing, and Second Sight. She has appeared on The Dr. Oz Show, The Today Show, PBS, CNN, and NPR, and her TED talk debut of this book has nearly a half million views on YouTube. For more information and inspiration, visit drjudithorloff.com.
Location: Street: 6428 S McClintock Dr. City: Tempe, Province: Arizona Postal Code: 85283 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Deepak Chopra has 18 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Deepak Chopra was born in New Delhi, India in 1946. He was educated as a medical doctor, specializing in endocrinology, at All India Institute of Medical Sciences. He served as Chief of Staff at Boston Regional Medical Center, and has taught at Tufts and Boston University Medical Schools. He recognized limitations in the ways that his medical education approached treatment of individuals. Introduced to the ancient methods of Hindu healing, known as Ayurveda, by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, he saw a way to add a spiritual dimension to treatment of illness. Chopra's thinking led him to develop a theory that he called Quantum Healing, which combines Western and Hindu medical practice.
In 1984, Chopra brought Ayurvedic medicine to the United States, and within a year he established the Ayurvedic Health Centre of Stress Management and Behavioral Medicine in Lancaster, Massachusetts. He is also the founding President of the American Association of Ayurvedic Medicine and eventually founded the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.
He has written more than 55 books including Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old (1993); Boundless Energy: The Complete Mind/Body Program for Overcoming Chronic Fatigue (1995); Creating Health: How to Wake Up the Body's Intelligence (1991); Creating Affluence: The A-to-Z Steps to a Richer Life (1993); and The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams (1995). He has won numerous awards including a Quill Award for Peace Is the Way and the grand prize at the 2005 Nautilus Book Awards for The Book of Secrets. He also writes novels including The Return of Merlin (1995); Soulmate (2004); and Jesus: A Story of Enlightenment (2008).
(Bowker Author Biography) Deepak Chopra, M.D., is the best-selling author of "Ageless Body, Timeless Mind," "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success," & many other books.
Deepak Chopra has written 26 books, which have been translated into 35 languages. He currently serves as CEO & founder of The Chopra Center for Well Being in La Jolla, California.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Deepak Chopra is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Deepak Chopra is composed of 27 names. You can examine and separate out names.