- Lucky 485 copies, 5 reviews
- Hollywood Wives 409 copies, 5 reviews
- 2 in 1: Hollywood Wives + Hollywood Husbands 398 copies, 7 reviews
- Lady Boss 367 copies, 3 reviews
- Lovers & Players 338 copies, 12 reviews
- Drop Dead Beautiful 321 copies, 6 reviews
- Rock Star 308 copies, 3 reviews
- Vendetta: Lucky's Revenge 294 copies, 2 reviews
- Dangerous Kiss 279 copies, 1 review
- Hollywood Husbands 270 copies, 1 review
- American Star 266 copies, 2 reviews
- Hollywood Kids 264 copies, 3 reviews
- Lethal Seduction 243 copies, 4 reviews
- Thrill ! 239 copies, 4 reviews
- Poor Little Bitch Girl 236 copies, 10 reviews
- Hollywood Wives: The New Generation 234 copies, 4 reviews
- Married Lovers 203 copies, 4 reviews
- Deadly Embrace 179 copies, 4 reviews
- Lovers and Gamblers 171 copies, 2 reviews
- Hollywood Divorces 168 copies, 1 review
- The Bitch 149 copies
- Sinners 129 copies, 1 review
- Goddess of Vengeance 119 copies, 3 reviews
- The Stud 110 copies, 3 reviews
- The World is Full of Married Men 100 copies, 4 reviews
- The World Is Full of Divorced Women 98 copies
- L.A. Connections 95 copies, 2 reviews
- Love Killers 89 copies, 1 review
- The Power Trip 83 copies, 2 reviews
- Confessions of a Wild Child 53 copies, 5 reviews
- A Santangelo Story 35 copies, 2 reviews
Top members (works)
Jackie Collins has 2 upcoming events.
Word for Word: Jackie Collins
Legendary mega-seller Jackie Collins
chronicles passion and power in one of America's most glamorous families in her latest release, The Santangelos
. In conversation with television personality Bobby Rivers.
"Word for Word Author" is an outdoor reading series that features bestselling authors, celebrity writers, and expert-panelists sharing anecdotes, answering questions from the audience, and signing copies of their latest books.
The Bryant Park Reading Room located on the 42nd Street side of the park - under the trees - between the back of the NYPL on 5th Avenue & 6th Avenue. Look for the burgundy and white umbrellas.
In case of rain, events are held under a tent at the Reading Room. In case of severe weather, please check bryantpark.org for the indoor location. (wforw2008)… (more)
Jackie Collins has 9 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Jacqueline Jill "Jackie" Collins was born on 4 October 1937 in London, England, UK, daughter of Elsa Bessant and Joseph William Collins. She is the younger sister of actress Joan Collins. Jackie started writing as a teenager, making up steamy stories her schoolmates paid to devour. Her first book, The World is Full of Married Men, became a sensational bestseller because of its open sexuality and the way it dealt honestly with the double standard. After that came The Stud, Sinners, The Love Killers, The World is Full of Divorced Women, The Bitch, Lovers And Gamblers, Chances, and then the international sensation, Hollywood Wives - a No. 1 New York Times bestseller, which was made into one of ABC's highest-rated miniseries starring Anthony Hopkins and Candice Bergen. The Stud, The World is Full of Married Men, and The Bitch were also filmed - this time for the big screen. And Jackie wrote an original movie, Yesterday's Hero, starring Ian McShane and Suzanne Somers.
Jackie Collins has been called a 'raunchy moralist' by the late director Louis Malle and 'Hollywood's own Marcel Proust' by Vanity Fair magazine. With over 500 million copies of her books sold in more than 40 countries, and with some twenty-eight New York Times bestsellers to her credit, Jackie Collins is one of the world's top-selling novelists. She is known for giving her readers an unrivaled insiders knowledge of Hollywood and the glamorous lives and loves of the rich, famous, and infamous! 'I write about real people in disguise,' she says. 'If anything, my characters are toned down - the truth is much more bizarre.' There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and themansions of the power brokers - Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.
Divorced of Wallace Austin after 4 years, they had a child, Trarcy. In 1965, Jackie married Oscar Lerman, and had Tiffany and Rory. Her husband died on 1992.
Improve this author
Jackie Collins is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Jackie Collins is composed of 5 names. You can examine and separate out names.