Portrait of Wilkie Collins (1850). Paiting in the National Portrait Gallery, London.
|20,783 (22,998)||545||487|| (3.95)||176||1|
- The Woman in White 7,703 copies, 211 reviews
- The Moonstone 6,364 copies, 122 reviews
- No Name 869 copies, 14 reviews
- Armadale 813 copies, 21 reviews
- The Law and the Lady 429 copies, 9 reviews
- The Dead Secret 416 copies, 11 reviews
- The Haunted Hotel 383 copies, 13 reviews
- Basil 300 copies, 7 reviews
- Hide and Seek 239 copies, 4 reviews
- Man and Wife 226 copies, 3 reviews
- Poor Miss Finch 215 copies, 7 reviews
- A Rogue's Life 149 copies, 4 reviews
- The Frozen Deep [collection of novellas] 133 copies, 4 reviews
- Miss or Mrs?, The Haunted Hotel, The Guilty River 120 copies, 2 reviews
- A House to Let 112 copies, 4 reviews
- The Evil Genius: A Domestic Story 106 copies, 2 reviews
- The Haunted Hotel & Other Stories [by Wilkie Collins] 94 copies, 2 reviews
- The Black Robe 90 copies, 3 reviews
- The Moonstone and The Woman in White 87 copies, 1 review
- Blind Love 86 copies
- Tales of Terror and the Supernatural 76 copies
- Heart and Science 73 copies, 2 reviews
- The Two Destinies 70 copies, 2 reviews
- Legacy of Cain 70 copies, 4 reviews
- The New Magdalen 69 copies, 1 review
- Jezebel's Daughter 65 copies, 4 reviews
- Fallen leaves 63 copies, 3 reviews
- Who Killed Zebedee?/John Jago's Ghost 62 copies, 2 reviews
- The Moonstone/The Haunted Hotel/My Lady's Money 61 copies, 1 review
- Mad Monkton and other stories 57 copies, 1 review
- The Queen of Hearts 55 copies, 2 reviews
Top members (works)
Wilkie Collins has 1 upcoming event.
Salon Classics Book Club
The Salon Classics Book Club meets at 7:30 p.m. to discuss The Woman In White
by Wilkie COLLINS
Location: Street: 4736-38 N Lincoln Ave City: Chicago, Province: Illinois Postal Code: 60625 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)
Wilkie Collins has 1 media appearance.
Wilkie Collins has 14 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Born in London in 1824, Collins grew up surrounded by art and artists. Today, people tend to know him mostly for his two most famous novels, The Woman in White (an originator of the Victorian sensation novel), or The Moonstone, often credited as the prototype of the modern detective story. But in his own day, his work was wildly popular, rivalling that of his friend Charles Dickens. Collins never married, but from 1858 lived on and off with two women, Caroline Graves and Martha Rudd, with whom he had 3 children.
Improve this author
Combination issues. This author has combination issues that need to be cleared up.
Wilkie Collins is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Wilkie Collins is composed of 7 names. You can examine and separate out names.