|42,521 (53,044)||833||211|| (4.02)||347||0|
- The God Delusion 13,049 copies, 305 reviews
- The Selfish Gene 7,890 copies, 84 reviews
- The Blind Watchmaker: Why the Evidence of Evolution Reveals a Universe… 4,941 copies, 42 reviews
- The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Life 3,358 copies, 59 reviews
- The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution 3,175 copies, 65 reviews
- Unweaving the Rainbow: Science, Delusion and the Appetite for Wonder 1,833 copies, 20 reviews
- River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life 1,665 copies, 21 reviews
- Climbing Mount Improbable 1,600 copies, 3 reviews
- A Devil's Chaplain: Reflections on Hope, Lies, Science, and Love 1,379 copies, 14 reviews
- The Extended Phenotype: The Long Reach of the Gene 1,141 copies, 9 reviews
- The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True 1,055 copies, 23 reviews
- The Oxford Book of Modern Science Writing (Editor) 560 copies, 6 reviews
- An Appetite for Wonder: The Making of a Scientist 349 copies, 13 reviews
- The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2003 (Editor) 195 copies, 2 reviews
- The Salmon of Doubt: Hitchhiking the Galaxy One Last Time (Afterword, some editions) 5,150 copies, 57 reviews
- The Meme Machine (Foreword) 986 copies, 13 reviews
- The Descent of Man (Introduction, some editions) 979 copies, 7 reviews
- A Universe from Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather than Nothing (Afterword) 790 copies, 23 reviews
- Seeing Further: The Story of Science, Discovery, and the Genius of the… (Contributor) 647 copies, 11 reviews
- Darwin: Norton Critical Edition (Contributor) 492 copies, 4 reviews
- What Is Your Dangerous Idea?: Today's Leading Thinkers on the Unthinkable (Afterword) 486 copies, 6 reviews
- The Next Fifty Years: Science in the First Half of the Twenty-first… (Contributor) 291 copies, 6 reviews
- The Atheists' Guide to Christmas (Contributor) 278 copies, 14 reviews
- Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion (Contributor) 250 copies, 9 reviews
- Attack of the theocrats! (Foreword) 68 copies, 3 reviews
- A Brief History of Science (Contributor) 68 copies, 1 review
- Candidate Without A Prayer: An Autobiography of a Jewish Atheist in the… (Foreword) 32 copies, 9 reviews
- Fresh Air: Faith, Reason and Doubt (Contributor) 5 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Richard Dawkins has 6 media appearances.
A conversation with biologist Richard Dawkins
A conversation with Oxford biologist Richard Dawkins about evolution, intelligent design and his book (timspalding)
A conversation with Richard Dawkins
Richard Dawkins has 17 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Richard Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist, ethologist, public advocate of atheism, and outspoken critic of religion. His written works generally revolve around evolution and genetics (Selfish Gene; Extended Phenotype) and/or atheism/religious skepticism (The God Delusion; The Blind Watchmaker).
Dawkins has won numerous scholarly and literary prizes and awards, and has lectured at many institutions. He is currently married to actress and illustrator Lalla Ward, who is credited with illustrating many of his books, including The God Delusion.
While he did participate in the Huxley Memorial Debate in 1986, Dawkins gained a great deal of publicity for otherwise refusing to debate creationists, stating that creationists 'don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters is that we give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.'
In his first book, The Selfish Gene, Dawkins coined the term 'meme' to identify ideas and practices which are transfered, adapted, and changed within a society.
Improve this author
Richard Dawkins is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Richard Dawkins is composed of 30 names. You can examine and separate out names.