Credit: Kathryn Cramer
Has also written as K. Leslie Steiner.
- Dhalgren 2,021 copies, 46 reviews
- Nova 1,202 copies, 17 reviews
- Babel-17 1,200 copies, 29 reviews
- The Einstein Intersection 918 copies, 15 reviews
- Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand 838 copies, 14 reviews
- Triton 788 copies, 6 reviews
- Tales of Nevèrÿon 634 copies, 2 reviews
- The Fall of the Towers 532 copies, 8 reviews
- The Jewels of Aptor 424 copies, 5 reviews
- Neveryóna 403 copies, 2 reviews
- The Motion of Light in Water 365 copies, 4 reviews
- Babel-17 / Empire Star 338 copies, 8 reviews
- Driftglass 324 copies, 8 reviews
- Flight from Nevèrÿon 294 copies
- Return to Nevèrÿon 245 copies
- They Fly at Ciron 227 copies
- The Ballad of Beta-2 224 copies, 2 reviews
- Aye, and Gomorrah and Other Stories 211 copies, 1 review
- Times Square Red, Times Square Blue 193 copies, 1 review
- Hogg 174 copies, 8 reviews
- The Mad Man 153 copies
- The Jewel-Hinged Jaw 149 copies, 3 reviews
- About Writing: Seven Essays, Four Letters, & Five Interviews 146 copies, 1 review
- Distant Stars 142 copies, 3 reviews
- Atlantis: Three Tales 140 copies, 1 review
- City of a Thousand Suns 132 copies, 1 review
- Empire Star 123 copies, 2 reviews
- Dark Reflections 122 copies, 2 reviews
- Silent Interviews 109 copies
- Heavenly Breakfast 98 copies, 2 reviews
- The Towers of Toron 94 copies
- Dangerous Visions (Contributor) 1,123 copies, 18 reviews
- The Hugo Winners: Volumes One and Two (1955-1970) (Contributor) 435 copies, 3 reviews
- Boys Like Us: Gay Writers Tell Their Coming Out Stories (Contributor) 235 copies, 1 review
- Dark Matter: A Century of Speculative Fiction From the African Diaspora (Contributor) 215 copies, 6 reviews
- Off Limits: Tales of Alien Sex (Contributor) 137 copies, 4 reviews
- Miracleman Book Four: The Golden Age (Introduction, some editions) 118 copies, 2 reviews
- The Hugo Winners: Volume Two, Book 2 (1968-1970) (Contributor) 113 copies, 4 reviews
- Worlds apart: An anthology of lesbian and gay science fiction and fantasy (Contributor) 108 copies, 2 reviews
- The Arbor House Treasury of Great Science Fiction Short Novels (Contributor) 106 copies, 1 review
- Dark Matter: Reading the Bones (Contributor) 100 copies, 3 reviews
- Dangerous Visions 3 (Contributor) 95 copies, 2 reviews
- SF12 (Contributor) 85 copies, 1 review
- The Best of the Nebulas (Contributor) 81 copies, 1 review
- Unnatural Creatures: Stories Selected by Neil Gaiman (Author) 70 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Samuel R. Delany has 1 upcoming event.
A Reading with Samuel R. Delany
Samuel R. Delany
will read from the new edition of his historical novel, Phallos
(Wesleyan, $19.95 pb).
Taking the form of a gay pornographic novella, with the explicit sex omitted, Phallos
is set during the reign of the second-century Roman emperor Hadrian, and circles around the historical account of the murder of the emperor's favorite, Antinous. The story moves from Syracuse to Egypt, from the Pillars of Hercules to Rome, from Athens to Byzantium, and back. Young Neoptolomus searches after the stolen phallus of the nameless god of Hermopolis, crafted of gold and encrusted with jewels, within which are reputedly the ancient secrets of science and society that will lead to power, knowledge, and wealth. Vivid and clever, the original novella has been expanded by nearly a third. Appended to the text are an afterword by Robert F. Reid-Pharr and three astute speculative essays by Steven Shaviro, Kenneth R. James, and Darieck Scott.
In addition to the books listed below, here's a link to Dr. Delany's many pages of other books:
Location: Street: 345 S 12th St City: Philadelphia, Province: Pennsylvania Postal Code: 19107-5907 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Samuel R. Delany has 1 media appearance.
Samuel R. Delany has 7 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
His aunts were Sadie and Bessie Delany.
Has also written as K. Leslie Steiner.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Samuel R. Delany is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Samuel R. Delany is composed of 30 names. You can examine and separate out names.