- Flipped 2,328 copies, 94 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief 566 copies, 15 reviews
- Shredderman: Secret Identity 412 copies, 19 reviews
- The Running Dream (Author) 389 copies, 40 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Sisters of Mercy 350 copies, 2 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Skeleton Man 276 copies, 7 reviews
- Runaway 250 copies, 14 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Hollywood Mummy 240 copies, 3 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Curse of Moustache Mary 238 copies, 1 review
- How I Survived Being A Girl 200 copies, 2 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Runaway Elf 200 copies, 3 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Art of Deception 187 copies, 2 reviews
- Swear to Howdy 182 copies, 5 reviews
- Shredderman: Attack of the Tagger 174 copies, 1 review
- Sammy Keyes and the Search for Snake Eyes 136 copies, 2 reviews
- Confessions of a Serial Kisser 130 copies, 12 reviews
- Shredderman: Enemy Spy 106 copies
- Sammy Keyes and the Psycho Kitty Queen (Sammy Keyes) 105 copies, 3 reviews
- Shredderman: Meet the Gecko 100 copies
- Sammy Keyes and the Dead Giveaway (Sammy Keyes) 92 copies, 3 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Wild Things 85 copies, 1 review
- Sammy Keyes and the Cold Hard Cash 73 copies, 3 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Wedding Crasher 55 copies, 2 reviews
- The Gecko and Sticky: Villain's Lair 38 copies, 2 reviews
- The Gecko and Sticky: The Greatest Power 28 copies, 2 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Night of Skulls 26 copies, 2 reviews
- Sammy Keyes and the Power of Justice Jack 26 copies, 1 review
- The Gecko and Sticky: Sinister Substitute 18 copies, 1 review
- Sammy Keyes and the Showdown in Sin City 17 copies, 1 review
- Sammy Keyes and the Killer Cruise 13 copies
- The Gecko and Sticky: The Power Potion 13 copies
Top members (works)
Wendelin Van Draanen has 3 upcoming events.
YA: He Said, She Said: WENDELIN VAN DRAANEN and MARK HUNTLEY PARSONS
He Said, She Said YA Tour: Wendelin van Draanen
and Mark Huntley Parsons
Wednesday, September 17, 7:00 p.m. Sammy Keyes and the Kiss Goodbye
#18 Road Rash
Have you watched the movie Flipped
? Have you read the Sammy Keyes series? Do you like mysteries? Are you a drummer? Do you work with your partner and want to strangle them? If you said yes to any of these questions, then you must come and hear Wendelin van Draanen, the author of over 30 novels for young readers, with the next installment of her Edgar Allan Poe Award-winning Sammy Keyes mystery series.
Joining her is her husband, Mark Huntley Parsons, with his debut novel about a teenage drummer who finds out what life is really like on tour with a rock band. This writing couple will discuss their books, the writing process, and how they've managed to share the same office for 20 years without bloodshed! It's going to be a blast!
Location: Street: 1010 El Camino Real City: Menlo Park, Province: California Postal Code: 94025-4349 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
He Said, She Said Tour
Wendelin Van Draanen
visits with the next and final installment of her Edgar Allan Poe Award-winning Sammy Keyes teen mystery series. Joining her is Mark Huntley Parsons
, who presents his debut young adult novel, Road Rash
, about a teenage drummer who finds out what life is really like on tour with a rock band.
In Sammy Keyes and the Kiss Goodbye
, Sammy doesn’t go looking for trouble, but she seems to find it everywhere. She’s forever sniffing out clues and chasing down bad guys—and driving her friends a little nuts. She’s gone up against thieves and counterfeiters and gangsters and blackmailers and murderers, and always stayed one step ahead. Until now. Last night, one of the bad guys caught up. Last night, someone followed Sammy up the fire escape and pushed her from the third story. Now she’s in the hospital, out cold. And her friends are left with the questions Sammy’s always been so good at answering: Why? How? But most of all…WHO? In this emotional conclusion to her beloved long-running series, Wendelin Van Draanen shows just how many lives one nosy girl can touch and pays tribute to a life well sleuthed.
In Road Rash, when 17-year-old Zach Ryan gets picked as the new drummer in a popular local band going on a long summer tour, he quickly learns about the challenges that come with life on the road. Playing in small venues, Bad Habit deals with a bar brawl and a manager who won't pay them, but the biggest problems come from within the band. Zach is a sympathetic "nice guy" narrator who is trying to be a responsible band member, despite being its newest and youngest addition. He's also good at expressing the thrill of creating music.
Places in the signing line are reserved for those who purchase a copy of one of the featured books from The King's English.
GET YOUR COPY NOW! Preorder your signed copy of the featured books today, by either calling the store at 801-484-9100 or ordering online. Please specify if you will be attending the event and if you want your book personalized. del.icio.us Facebook Google StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo
Location: Street: 1511 South 1500 East City: Salt Lake City, Province: Utah Postal Code: 84105 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
He Said, She Said with Wendelin Van Draanen and Mark Parsons
Mark Parsons and Wendelin Van Draanen
are both authors. They’ve both been writing professionally for around twenty years, albeit in separate fields for much of that time. Now they both work in that loosely-defined yet increasingly popular field known as YA. (She’s the veteran of the kid-lit genre, having worked successfully in the Middle-Grade and Young Adult venue since she started writing, while he primarily wrote non-fiction—magazine articles and books—and is the new kid on the YA block.)
Additionally, they both share the same publisher—Knopf/Random House. And share the same office. And… the same life. Because Mark and Wendelin are married. And have been, for even longer than they’ve been writing.
“It took us a while to realize it—like around twenty years,” Van Draanen says with a laugh. “But by the time Mark started planning for the release of his debut novel, we finally figured out that what we do is kind of unique.”
“Right,” Parsons says. “I mean, we’ve shared an office for the past fifteen years, and we’re still married.” He pauses. “And it’s not a very big office.”
Consequently, their “He Said, She Said” tour isn’t the typical series of ‘read and sign’ events. “We’re talking about books, sure,” Parsons says, “but also about how our little ‘mutual aid pact’ helps both of us be more creative and productive.” Other topics include their writing processes, staying motivated, pursuing their dreams while working day jobs and raising a family, and the book-to-movie experience. (Van Draanen has had two books turned into film properties, including the Rob Reiner-directed Warner Bros. feature, “Flipped”.)
“People are curious about how all this works,” Van Draanen says. “And we’re happy to answer questions and share what we know.” She laughs. “Although, as with any time you get a married couple discussing something, you should probably expect arguments!”
Books featured on the California couple’s “He Said, She Said” tour will include Van Draanen’s best-selling Sammy Keyes mystery series, as well as a selection of her popular stand-alone novels including The Running Dream and Flipped. Parsons will discuss and sign Road Rash, his new band-on-the-road YA adventure.
Location: Street: 617 2nd St City: Davis, Province: California Postal Code: 95616-4620 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Wendelin Van Draanen has 13 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Wendelin Van Draanen is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Wendelin Van Draanen is composed of 22 names. You can examine and separate out names.