Ford Madox Ford
|5,498 (19,747)||261||2,133|| (3.73)||22||1|
- The Good Soldier 3,064 copies, 66 reviews
- Parade's End 884 copies, 17 reviews
- The Fifth Queen 189 copies, 3 reviews
- The Good Soldier (Norton Critical Editions) 122 copies, 4 reviews
- Some Do Not... 89 copies, 3 reviews
- Romance 83 copies, 1 review
- The Inheritors 80 copies
- No More Parades 76 copies, 3 reviews
- A Man Could Stand Up 70 copies, 2 reviews
- The March of Literature: From Confucius' Day to Our Own 59 copies
- The Last Post 57 copies, 1 review
- Provence, from minstrels to the machine 44 copies
- Some Do Not & No More Parades 43 copies
- Memories and Impressions (Modern Classics) 41 copies
Top members (works)
Ford Madox Ford has 1 upcoming event.
Gibson's Book Club reads The Good Soldier, by Ford Madox Ford
Gibson's Book Club reads The good soldier
, by Ford Madox Ford
Monday, January 5, at 7 PM
A masterpiece of early modernism, The good soldier
tells the story of the unfolding relationships between two couples at the beginning of the 20th century in the words of an archetypal 'unreliable narrator'. Its portrayal of the destruction of a civilized elite is a work of unforgettable power and literary skill.
Our book club is open to all. We've chosen an eclectic, ambitious list of books for the coming year: join us for every meeting, or deal yourself in as the spirit moves you.
Most of these titles are in paperback, or should be by the time we'll read them, and they will all be discounted 25% from the publisher's price for the following year, whether you join us for meetings or not.
All meetings unless otherwise noted are on the first Monday of the month, and begin at 7:00, to give you time to have dinner and relax a bit first. Parking is free in the Capitol Commons garage and on the street, after 5 p.m...
Location: Street: 45 S Main St Additional: City: Concord , Province: New Hampshire Postal Code: 03301 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Ford Madox Ford has 2 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Ford Madox Ford (1873-1939), English novelist, poet, critic and editor; born as Ford Hermann Hueffer becoming Ford Madox Hueffer before settling on the name Ford Madox Ford
Improve this author
Ford Madox Ford is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Ford Madox Ford is composed of 23 names. You can examine and separate out names.