Photographed at BookPeople in Austin, Texas by Frank Arnold
|22,827 (27,017)||693||405|| (3.73)||94||0|
- The Corrections 12,174 copies, 248 reviews
- Freedom 5,939 copies, 286 reviews
- How to Be Alone: Essays 1,851 copies, 20 reviews
- The Discomfort Zone: A Personal History 988 copies, 31 reviews
- The Twenty-Seventh City 861 copies, 7 reviews
- Strong Motion 747 copies, 14 reviews
- Farther Away: Essays 187 copies, 4 reviews
- The Kraus project 59 copies, 1 review
- Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections 7 copies
- My Father's Brain 6 copies
- Selected Essays from: How to be Alone 2 copies
- 1000 Books To Change Your Life 1 copy
- Short cuts 1 copy
- Hattie the Backstage Bat 1 copy
- The Laughing Policeman (Introduction, some editions) 1,117 copies, 37 reviews
- The Future Dictionary of America: a book to benefit progressive causes in… (Contributor) 543 copies, 1 review
- Desperate Characters (Afterword, some editions) 462 copies, 20 reviews
- The Complete Peanuts: 1957-1958 Dailies & Sundays (Introduction) 417 copies, 4 reviews
- State by State: A Panoramic Portrait of America (Author, some editions) 351 copies, 9 reviews
- The Best American Essays 2005 (Contributor) 266 copies, 1 review
- The Best American Short Stories 1997 (Contributor) 251 copies, 1 review
- The Best American Essays 2004 (Contributor) 224 copies, 1 review
- The Best American Essays 2002 (Contributor) 163 copies, 1 review
- The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2011 (Contributor) 152 copies, 2 reviews
- The Best American Essays 2012 (Author) 102 copies, 2 reviews
- The Best American Magazine Writing 2002 (Contributor) 58 copies
- McSweeney's Issue 37 (Mcsweeney's Quarterly Concern) (Contributor) 58 copies, 3 reviews
- The Review of Contemporary Fiction 1996: The Future of Fiction (Contributor) 13 copies
Top members (works)
Jonathan Franzen has 3 media appearances.
An interview with Jonathan Franzen
A conversation with author Jonathan Franzen
Jonathan Franzen has 15 past events. (show)
Information from the Russian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Information from the German Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
1959 in Western Springs / Illinois geboren, wuchs in einer Vorstadt von St. Louis auf. 1988 veröffentlichte er den Roman "The Twenty-Seventh City", 1992 "Strong Motion". Für seinen dritten Roman und sensationellen Erfolg "The Corrections" erhielt er 2001 den National Book Award verliehen. Schon vorher hat ihn die Zeitschrift The New Yorker unter die "Twenty Writers for the 21st Century" gerechnet. Jonathan Franzen lebt in New York.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Jonathan Franzen is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Jonathan Franzen is composed of 2 names. You can examine and separate out names.