Francis Fukuyama at Nexus Instituut in 2005 [credit: Robert Goddyn]
|3,081 (3,427)||32||3,813|| (3.52)||5||2|
- The End of History and the Last Man (Author) 1,191 copies, 7 reviews
- Our Posthuman Future 405 copies, 2 reviews
- The Origins of Political Order: From Prehuman Times to the French… (Author) 391 copies, 12 reviews
- Trust: The Social Virtues and The Creation of Prosperity 359 copies, 1 review
- America at the Crossroads: Democracy, Power, and the Neoconservative… 262 copies, 3 reviews
- The Great Disruption: Human Nature and the Reconstitution of Social Order 234 copies, 2 reviews
- State-Building: Governance and World Order in the 21st Century 145 copies, 1 review
- Blindside: How to Anticipate Forcing Events and Wild Cards in Global… 21 copies
- Nation-Building: Beyond Afghanistan and Iraq (Forum on Constructive… 19 copies
- Falling Behind: Explaining the Development Gap Between Latin America and… 15 copies
- The Virtual Corporation and Army Organization 8 copies
- Poverty, Inequality, and Democracy (A Journal of Democracy Book) 4 copies
- Global Corruption Report 2005 : Special Focus: Corruption in Construction… 4 copies
- The Posthuman Condition: Ethics, Aesthetics and Politics of… (Contributor) 2 copies
Top members (works)
Francis Fukuyama has 2 upcoming events.
Tuesday, November 11, 7:30 p.m.Political Order and Political Decay
Fukuyama's Political Order and Political Decay
follows the story from the French Revolution to the so-called Arab Spring and the deep dysfunctions of contemporary American politics. He examines the effects of corruption on governance, and why some societies have been successful at rooting it out. He explores the different legacies of colonialism in Latin America, Africa, and Asia, and offers a clear-eyed account of why some regions have thrived and developed more quickly than others. And he boldly reckons with the future of democracy in the face of a rising global middle class and entrenched political paralysis in the West.
Francis Fukuyama is the Olivier Nomellini Senior Fellow at Stanford University’s Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies. He has previously taught at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University and at the George Mason University School of Public Policy. Fukuyama was a researcher at the RAND Corporation and served as the deputy director for the State Department’s policy planning staff. He is the author of The Origins of Political Order, The End of History and the Last Man, Trust, and America at the Crossroads: Democracy, Power, and the Neoconservative Legacy.
The Wall Street Journal's David Gress called Francis Fukuyama’s Origins of Political Order (considered the partner book to Political Order and Political Decay) “magisterial in its learning and admirably immodest in its ambition.”
Location: Street: 1010 El Camino Real City: Menlo Park, Province: California Postal Code: 94025-4349 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Free Library of Philadelphia - Francis Fukuyama - Political Order and Political Decay: From the Industrial Revolution to the Globalization of Democracy
Political Order and Political Decay: From the Industrial Revolution to the Globalization of Democracy Francis Fukuyama
“One of the leading public intellectuals of our time,” (The New York Times Book Review), Francis Fukuyama
is the Olivier Nomellini Senior Fellow at Stanford University’s Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies. A former senior staff member of the RAND Corporation, he has served as deputy director in the State Department’s policy planning staff, and captured international attention with his bestselling book The End of History and the Last Man. His new book is the second volume of his bestselling landmark work on the history of the modern state, following the story from the French Revolution to the Arab Spring and contemporary American politics. Tickets on sale August 22 at 10:00 AM! Parkway Central Library 1901 Vine Street Philadelphia, PA 19103 (between 19th and 20th Streets on the Parkway) This is a TICKETED event; $15 General Admission, $7 Students. For more information, please call 215-567-4341, or click here
Location: Street: Free Library of Philadelphia Additional: 1901 Vine Street City: Philadelphia, Province: Pennsylvania Postal Code: 19103-5207 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Francis Fukuyama has 4 media appearances.
discusses The End of History and the Last Man
Mr. Fukuyama discussed his book, The End of History and the Last Man, in which he contends that the shaping forces of history tend toward liberal democracy, a system in which both free elections and constitutional rights are guaranteed. He also explores the implications of this form of government and questions whether liberty and equality can yield a stable society. Mr. Fukuyama is a former director of the Office of Planning for the U.S. Department of State. (timspalding)… (more)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Francis Fukuyama is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Francis Fukuyama is composed of 14 names. You can examine and separate out names.