I like to joke that my Muse tricked me into writing and, in a sense, that's true. Through public school and most of university, I did everything I could to avoid writing. But my Muse had other plans, and I was slowly and subtly transformed into the writer I never thought I wanted to be. If by my mid-20s I was freelancing full-time as a self-taught writer and editor, it would take another dozen years before I moved from a teller of others' tales to a teller of my own.
What I have discovered through that time is that the call to write is one I can't ignore; I can't not write any more than I can't not breathe. It's ironic, but as painful as I found the decades of creative drought that preceded The MoonQuest, my first novel, it's those years that ultimately fueled all the passion that has followed: my teaching, my speaking and, of course, my writing.
Today, when I'm not working on my own creative projects, I'm helping to guide others – writers and non-writers alike – on theirs. I do it through my books and recordings. I do it in my workshops, webinars and seminars. And I do it one-to-one as a creativity catalyst, a term I coined to take coaching and mentoring to dynamic, more empowered levels.
In short, my passion is to inspire and impassion you to unlock, fire up and unleash yours. Drop me a line and let’s answer your call to write today!
Look for me at www.markdavidgerson.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
• Sara's Year
• Organic Screenwriting: Writing for Film, Naturally
• Writer’s Block Unblocked: Seven Surefire Ways to Free Up Your Writing and Creative Flow
• From Memory to Memoir: Writing the Stories of Your Life
• Birthing Your Book...Even If You Don't Know What It's About (Fall 2014)
• The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write
• The Voice of the Muse Companion: Guided Meditations for Writers (recording)
• Acts of Surrender: A Writer’s Memoir
• Dialogues with the Divine: Encounters with My Wisest Self
• The Book of Messages: Writings Inspired by Melchizedek
• The Q’ntana Trilogy: The MoonQuest, The StarQuest, The SunQuest