|2,910 (3,098)||59||4,706|| (3.56)||13||0|
- The Great Fire 1,448 copies, 28 reviews
- The Transit of Venus 810 copies, 14 reviews
- The Bay of Noon 187 copies, 3 reviews
- Greene on Capri 163 copies, 4 reviews
- The Evening of the Holiday 90 copies, 3 reviews
- People in Glass Houses 65 copies, 1 review
- Cliffs of Fall and Other Stories 61 copies
- The Ancient Shore: Dispatches from Naples 52 copies, 2 reviews
- Countenance of Truth 16 copies
- Defeat of an Ideal: A study of the self-destruction of the United Nations 9 copies
- We Need Silence to Find Out What We Think: Selected Essays 6 copies, 1 review
- Coming of age in Australia 2 copies
- Transit of Venus, The 1 copy
Top members (works)
Shirley Hazzard has 2 media appearances.
Since the publication of her acclaimed 1981 novel, The Transit of Venus, little has been heard of Australian writer Shirley Hazzard
– until now. Her new novel is The Great Fire
, and it explores the aftermath of World War II. (Shortride)
's new book The Great Fire
, has been described as brilliant, hypnotic, sublime and the most interesting novel published this year.
It's a love story set just after the end of the Second World War and is drawn partly on Shirley's own experience as a sixteen year old working for British Intelligence in Hong Kong in the late forties.
Shirley Hazzard joins Martha Kearney to talk about love, war and winning the peace. (Shortride)… (more)
Shirley Hazzard has 2 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Shirley Hazzard is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Shirley Hazzard is composed of 5 names. You can examine and separate out names.