1. David Hume. (26.4.1711 - 25.8.1776). Historian and Philosopher. Author of, among other works, A Treatise of Human Nature (1739); Essays Moral and Political (1744).
2. David Hume pseudonym [John Victor Turner]. (1900 - 1945). Novelist.
3. David Hume of Godscroft. (1558 - 1629). Historian and political theorist. Author of A History of the House of Douglas and Angus.
4. David Hume. (1964—). Author of For Ulster and Her Freedom.
5. David Hume. (1955—). Author of Marquetry.
6. David Hume [Baron Hume]. 1757-1838 Nephew of 1. Holder of the Chair of Scots Law at the University of Edinburgh (1786) and author of Decisions of the Court of Session 1781-1822.
7. David Hume [David L. Hume]. Australian independent scholar of culture.