Courtesy of the NYPL Digital Gallery (image use requires permission from the New York Public Library)
|14,131 (14,750)||149||732|| (3.72)||79||0|
(nor)There are also biography of his wife Suzannah Ibsen and his son Sigurd Ibsen available.
- A Doll's House (Author) 3,010 copies, 44 reviews
- Peer Gynt 929 copies, 10 reviews
- Hedda Gabler: A Drama in Four Acts 922 copies, 13 reviews
- A Doll's House / The Wild Duck / Hedda Gabler / The Master Builder 890 copies, 2 reviews
- A Doll's House / Ghosts / Hedda Gabler / The Master Builder (Author) 693 copies, 2 reviews
- A Doll's House / Ghosts / An Enemy of the People / The Wild Duck 672 copies, 7 reviews
- A Doll's House / The Lady from the Sea / The League of Youth (Author) 561 copies, 1 review
- Ghosts 464 copies, 9 reviews
- Hedda Gabler / The Pillars of the Community / The Wild Duck (Author) 434 copies, 2 reviews
- The Wild Duck (Author) 376 copies, 6 reviews
- An Enemy of the People 350 copies, 5 reviews
- Six Plays by Henrik Ibsen (Author) 316 copies, 4 reviews
- Six Great Modern Plays (Contributor) 314 copies, 2 reviews
- Ghosts / An Enemy of the People / When We Dead Awaken (Author) 250 copies, 3 reviews
- Eight Great Tragedies (Contributor) 261 copies, 1 review
- Masterpieces of the Drama (Contributor) 112 copies, 1 review
- The Moral Life: An Introductory Reader in Ethics and Literature (Contributor) 96 copies, 1 review
- Contemporary Drama: 15 Plays (Contributor) 55 copies, 1 review
- Modern and Contemporary Drama (Contributor) 36 copies, 1 review
- A Treasury of the Theatre, Volume Two: Modern European Drama from Henrik… (Contributor) 13 copies
- Nine Great Plays from Aeschylus to Eliot (Contributor) 12 copies
- Contemporary Drama: European, English and Irish, American Plays (Contributor) 10 copies
- 15 international one-act plays (Contributor) 8 copies
- Nine Great Plays: From Aeschylus to Eliot (Revised Edition) (Contributor) 6 copies
- Fifteen Famous European Plays (Contributor) 4 copies
- Three Plays About Doctors (Contributor) 3 copies
- The Methuen Drama Book of Naturalist Plays: A Doll's House, Miss Julie,… (Contributor) 2 copies
- Contemporary Drama European Plays I (Contributor) 1 copy
Top members (works)
Henrik Ibsen has 3 past events. (show)
Information from the German Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Ibsen started writing plays in 1849 but was not successful until "Brand," a dramatic poem published in 1866. "A Doll's House" was the play that finally made him internationally famous about 10 years after it was written in 1879. He suffered a stroke in 1900 and stopped writing after that.
Information from the Norwegian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
There are also biography of his wife Suzannah Ibsen and his son Sigurd Ibsen available.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Henrik Ibsen is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Henrik Ibsen is composed of 12 names. You can examine and separate out names.