|66,162 (89,783)||1,195||66|| (3.89)||670||1|
- A Prayer for Owen Meany 13,254 copies, 216 reviews
- The World According to Garp 11,731 copies, 138 reviews
- The Cider House Rules 8,702 copies, 102 reviews
- A Widow for One Year 6,564 copies, 75 reviews
- The Hotel New Hampshire 5,726 copies, 53 reviews
- The Fourth Hand 3,521 copies, 43 reviews
- Until I Find You 3,326 copies, 48 reviews
- A Son of the Circus 2,886 copies, 28 reviews
- Last Night in Twisted River 2,010 copies, 111 reviews
- The Water-Method Man (Author) 1,977 copies, 10 reviews
- The 158-Pound Marriage 1,571 copies, 13 reviews
- Setting Free the Bears 1,451 copies, 12 reviews
- Trying to Save Piggy Sneed 1,358 copies, 8 reviews
- In One Person 1,007 copies, 57 reviews
- Great Expectations (Introduction, some editions) 22,601 copies, 255 reviews
- For the Love of Books: 115 Celebrated Writers on the Books They Love Most (Contributor) 325 copies, 3 reviews
- You've Got to Read This: Contemporary American Writers Introduce Stories… (Introduction) 280 copies, 3 reviews
- Lost Classics: Writers on Books Loved and Lost, Overlooked, Under-read,… (Contributor) 226 copies, 2 reviews
- A Christmas Carol / The Chimes / The Haunted Man (Introduction) 122 copies, 3 reviews
- Writers on Writing (Bread Loaf Anthology) (Contributor) 67 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
John Irving has 1 upcoming event.
In Conversation with David Nicholls
, the author of the bestselling love story One Day, discusses his Man Booker-longlisted new novel, Us, with Bert Archer. The book offers a clever and authentic meditation on marriage and family today.
Bert Archer is a writer for the National Post, The Globe and Mail, Hazlitt, Toronto Life and Yonge Street Media. He was a full-time book reviewer and literary journalist in Canada and the USA for the better part of a decade. He has written one book and contributed to half a dozen others. Archer also spent this past April visiting the battlefields of Nord-Pas de Calais and Normandy, and July retracing the first war's first steps in the Balkans.
David Nicholls is the author of the bestselling One Day, adapted into a film staring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. Trained as an actor before making the switch to writing, Nicholls’s previous novels include Starter for Ten, which was adapted into a film starring James McAvoy, and The Understudy. Nicholls presents his latest novel, Us, a witty and authentic meditation on what holds marriages and families together—and what we learn about ourselves when everything falls apart.
Saturday, November 1, 2014 - 4:30 PM
Fleck Dance Theatre, 207 Queens Quay West, Toronto M5J 2G8
Cost: $18/$15 supporters/FREE students & youth 25 and under (Jenni_Canuck)… (more)
John Irving has 1 media appearance.
A conversation with author John Irving
John Irving has 11 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
"John Irving" is composed of at least 8 distinct authors, divided by their works. You can edit the division.
Go to the disambiguation page to edit author name combination and separation.
John Irving is composed of 6 names. You can examine and separate out names.