photo by Brian Velenchenko
|14,320 (16,523)||232||758|| (3.64)||54||1|
- Lake Wobegon Days 3,184 copies, 27 reviews
- Leaving Home 1,220 copies, 8 reviews
- Good Poems 1,111 copies, 14 reviews
- Wobegon Boy 786 copies, 7 reviews
- We Are Still Married 741 copies, 6 reviews
- Lake Wobegon Summer 1956 672 copies, 12 reviews
- The Book of Guys 655 copies, 8 reviews
- WLT: A Radio Romance 645 copies, 6 reviews
- Pontoon: A Novel of Lake Wobegon 625 copies, 22 reviews
- Happy to Be Here 602 copies, 2 reviews
- Good Poems for Hard Times 564 copies, 10 reviews
- Love Me 488 copies, 6 reviews
- Homegrown Democrat: A Few Plain Thoughts From the Heart of America 416 copies, 7 reviews
- Liberty 302 copies, 12 reviews
- The Best American Short Stories 1998 (Editor) 298 copies, 1 review
- Pretty Good Joke Book 247 copies, 3 reviews
- Pilgrims: A Wobegon Romance 182 copies, 6 reviews
- A Christmas Blizzard 146 copies, 18 reviews
- Cat, You Better Come Home 146 copies, 2 reviews
- Me: by Jimmy (Big Boy) Valente 97 copies, 1 review
- Life among the Lutherans 95 copies, 4 reviews
- The Sandy Bottom Orchestra 87 copies, 3 reviews
- Daddy's Girl 82 copies, 6 reviews
- Truckstop and Other Lake Wobegon Stories 75 copies, 1 review
- Good Poems, American Places 64 copies, 1 review
- In Search of Lake Wobegon 56 copies
- The Old Man Who Loved Cheese 47 copies, 3 reviews
- A Prairie Home Companion: 25th Anniversary Collection 41 copies, 1 review
- Guy Noir and the Straight Skinny 31 copies, 2 reviews
- A Prairie Home Companion Commonplace Book: 25 Years on the Air with… 31 copies
- The Keillor Reader 31 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Garrison Keillor has 1 upcoming event.
Holly Harden with GOOD FOOD FROM MRS. SUNDBERG'S KITCHEN
Dragonfly Books is pleased to host essayist and author Holly Harden with her new cookbook Good Food From Mrs. Sundberg’s Kitchen on Saturday, September 20 at 6:30 pm at Dragonfly Books. A writer for A Prairie Home Companion, Holly Harden brings to life the best recipes this side of Lake Wobegon.
Bring your kitchen back to basics with Mrs. Sundberg’s 160 simple recipes for all occasions throughout the year. From holidays to funerals to vacations to Saturday night suppers, Mrs. Sundberg’s tried and true recipes are sure to please. Including a few of Mrs. Sundberg’s stories and thoughts on ordinary life, Good Food From Mrs. Sundberg’s Kitchen captures the heart and the stomach of the midwest.
Holly Harden is the editor of Garrison Keillor’s Life among the Lutherans. At age 9, in the back seat of her grandmother’s car on the way to a funeral, Holly began to write, and she’s been writing ever since. She grew up in several small Wisconsin towns, and majored in English and education at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. After teaching English and literature at the secondary level for nine years, she earned an MFA in writing from Hamline University.
Holly’s nonfiction work has appeared in publications such as Utne and Fourth Genre. Holly lives in Minnesota, where she writes for A Prairie Home Companion, teaches writing classes and helps her three children get where they’re going.
This event is sponsored by Dragonfly Books at 112 W. Water St. and is free and open to the public. If you find that you can't make it to the event but would still like to purchase Holly’s book, just give Dragonfly Books a call at 563-382-4275. One of our staff will be glad to reserve a book and have it autographed for you.
Location: Street: 112 W Water Street Additional: City: Decorah, Province: Iowa Postal Code: 52101 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Garrison Keillor has 46 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Garrison Keillor is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Garrison Keillor is composed of 26 names. You can examine and separate out names.