Neil Cooper, photographer
|19,800 (20,527)||435||524|| (3.58)||126||0|
- Sushi for Beginners 2,426 copies, 27 reviews
- Watermelon 2,208 copies, 33 reviews
- Rachel's Holiday 2,057 copies, 39 reviews
- Anybody out There? 1,916 copies, 55 reviews
- The Other Side of the Story 1,862 copies, 23 reviews
- Last Chance Saloon 1,801 copies, 28 reviews
- Angels 1,740 copies, 27 reviews
- Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married 1,724 copies, 19 reviews
- This Charming Man 1,111 copies, 38 reviews
- The Brightest Star in the Sky 751 copies, 63 reviews
- Under the Duvet 734 copies, 8 reviews
- Further Under the Duvet 477 copies, 7 reviews
- Irish Girls About Town: An Anthology of Short Stories 438 copies, 9 reviews
- The Mystery of Mercy Close (Author) 258 copies, 24 reviews
Top members (works)
Marian Keyes has 2 past events. (show)
Information from the French Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
From her website: Marian Keyes was born in Limerick and brought up in Cavan, Cork, Galway and Dublin. She spent her twenties in London, but is now living in Dún Laoghaire with her husband Tony. She studied law and accountancy, and began writing short stories in 1993 "out of the blue." She sent her short stories to a publisher, with a letter saying she’d started work on a novel. The publishers asked to see the novel, and once her panic had subsided, she began to write what subsequently became her first book, Watermelon.
It was published in Ireland in 1995. She has now published 10 novels, all bestsellers, a total of 23 milllion of her books having been sold to date. Anybody Out There won the British Book Awards award for popular fiction; This Charming Man won the Irish Book Award for popular fiction.
In 2009, Marian experienced the start of a major depressive episode, and had to stop any work. Eventually she found that baking cakes helped her survive; and in 2012, she published Saved by Cake, which combined recipes with autobiography.
She is no longer able to make public appearances, but continues to write, and in September 2012 plans to publish The Mystery of Mercy Close, a novel which combines comedy, romance, mystery and an exploration of depression.
As well as novels she has written short stories, and articles for various magazines and other publications.
Improve this author
Marian Keyes is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Marian Keyes is composed of 10 names. You can examine and separate out names.