|1,205 (2,587)||185||9,186|| (3.64)||4||2|
- Shades of Milk and Honey 645 copies, 74 reviews
- Glamour in Glass 223 copies, 15 reviews
- Without a Summer 107 copies, 11 reviews
- First Flight 71 copies, 6 reviews
- Scenting the Dark and Other Stories 50 copies, 1 review
- For Want of a Nail 27 copies, 3 reviews
- Kiss Me Twice 12 copies, 3 reviews
- Valour and Vanity 10 copies
- Evil Robot Monkey [short fiction] 10 copies, 5 reviews
- Water to Wine [short fiction] 6 copies, 1 review
- Voices from the Past - an anthology 6 copies
- The Consciousness Problem 4 copies, 2 reviews
- Descended from Darkness: Vol II 2 copies
- Apex Magazine - October 2012 (Issue 41) 2 copies
- Clockwork Chickadee [short fiction] 2 copies, 2 reviews
- Cerbo in Vitra ujo [short fiction] 2 copies, 2 reviews
- Horizontal Rain 2 copies, 2 reviews
- The Bride Replete [short fiction] 2 copies, 1 review
- Scenting the Dark [short fiction] 2 copies, 2 reviews
- Chrysalis 2 copies, 1 review
- Fiction Sampler 2 copies
- The Bound Man [short fiction] 2 copies, 1 review
- For Solo Cello, op. 12 [short fiction] 2 copies, 1 review
- The Incrementalists 1 copy
- Body Language 1 copy
- Beauty Will Come 1 copy, 1 review
- The Lady Astronaut of Mars 1 copy
- Waiting for Rain [short fiction] 1 copy, 1 review
- Jaiden's Weaver 1 copy, 1 review
- Death Comes But Twice [short fiction] 1 copy, 1 review
- The Little Pig [short fiction] 1 copy, 1 review
- The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Contributor) 351 copies, 8 reviews
- The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Sixth Annual Collection (Contributor) 238 copies, 2 reviews
- Chicks Dig Time Lords: A Celebration of Doctor Who by the Women Who Love… (Contributor) 156 copies, 6 reviews
- The Mad Scientist's Guide to World Domination: Original Short Fiction… (Contributor) 122 copies, 4 reviews
- Year's Best SF 15 (Contributor) 105 copies, 3 reviews
- The Mammoth Book of Steampunk (Contributor) 83 copies, 2 reviews
- Clockwork Phoenix 2: More Tales of Beauty and Strangeness (Contributor) 51 copies, 1 review
- Willful Impropriety: 13 Tales of Society, Scandal, and Romance (Contributor) 39 copies, 1 review
- Epic: Legends of Fantasy (Contributor) 38 copies, 1 review
- Destination Prague (Contributor) 34 copies, 2 reviews
- Twenty-First Century Science Fiction (Contributor) 29 copies
- Courts of the Fey (Contributor) 25 copies
- Realms 2: The Second Year of Clarkesworld Magazine (Author) 23 copies
- METAtropolis: Cascadia (Contributor) 22 copies, 2 reviews
Top members (works)
Mary Robinette Kowal has 2 upcoming events.
Mysterious Galaxy 21st Birthday Bash Celebration in San Diego
On Saturday, May 8, 1993, a new store opened in Clairemont Square, dedicated to the staff’s passion for books of “Martians, Murder, Magic and Mayhem.” Today, twenty-one years later, that passion continues. We invite you to join us on Saturday, May 10, for our annual all-day celebration, featuring some fantastic spotlight authors, special bargains, and, of course, cake!
Scheduled authors at this time include Gini Koch, author of Alien Collective; Elizabeth Reyes, author of Desert Heat, David Putnam, author of The Disposables; John Lescroart, author of The Keeper; Chris Marie Green, author of Only the Good Die Young; Jeffrey Mariotte, author of Star Trek: Serpents in the Garden; Mary Robinette Kowal, author of Valour and Vanity; Marie Brennan, author of The Tropic of Serpents; and Jenn Reese, author of Horizon.
Location: Street: 7051 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Additional: Ste 302 City: San Diego, Province: California Postal Code: 92111-1040 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Mary Robinette Kowal & Marie Brennan
Mary Robinette Kowal
will sign and discuss her newest book, Valour and Vanity
(Tor; $25.99).Mary Robinette Kowal
is the author of Shades of Milk and Honey
(Tor 2010). In 2008 she won the Campbell Award for Best New Writer, and in 2011, her short story “For Want of a Nail” won the Hugo Award for Short Story. Her work has been a finalist for the Hugo, Nebula, and Locus awards. Stories have appeared in Strange Horizons, Asimov’s, and several Year’s Best anthologies as well as in her collection Scenting the Dark and Other Stories from Subterranean.
Mary, a professional puppeteer and voice actor, has performed for LazyTown (CBS), the Center for Puppetry Arts, Jim Henson Pictures and founded Other Hand Productions. Her designs have garnered two UNIMA-USA Citations of Excellence, the highest award an American puppeteer can achieve. She also records fiction for authors such as Kage Baker, Cory Doctorow and John Scalzi.
She is the Vice President of Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. Mary lives in Portland, OR with her husband Rob and over a dozen manual typewriters. Visit
*photo courtesy of Annaliese Moyer
Marie Brennan will sign and discuss The Tropic of Serpents (Tor; $25.99).
Marie Brennan is a former academic with a background in archaeology, anthropology, and folklore, which she now puts to rather cockeyed use in writing fantasy. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, where she spends her time practicing piano, studying karate, and playing a variety of role-playing games.
All HIGHLY recommended by John!
Location: Street: 2342 Bissonnet St Additional: City: Houston, Province: Texas Postal Code: 77005 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Mary Robinette Kowal has 5 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Mary Robinette Kowal is the 2008 recipient of the Campbell Award for Best New Writer, and the author of Shades of Milk and Honey, published by Tor Books in 2010. Her short fiction appears in Strange Horizons, Cosmos and Asimov's. Mary, a professional puppeteer and voice actor, lives in Portland, OR.
Mary Robinette Kowal chatted with LibraryThing members from Sep 13, 2010 to Sep 26, 2010. Read the chat.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Mary Robinette Kowal is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Mary Robinette Kowal is composed of 2 names. You can examine and separate out names.