|17,906 (18,363)||114||547|| (3.94)||128||1|
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life 6,056 copies
- Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith 3,239 copies
- Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith 1,824 copies, 39 reviews
- Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith 1,345 copies
- Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year 1,340 copies, 26 reviews
- Blue Shoe (Author) 955 copies, 13 reviews
- Crooked Little Heart 707 copies
- Rosie (Author) 494 copies, 7 reviews
- Imperfect Birds 429 copies
- Hard Laughter (Author) 358 copies, 2 reviews
- All New People 278 copies, 1 review
- Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers (Author) 277 copies, 13 reviews
- Joe Jones (Author) 222 copies, 1 review
- Some Assembly Required: A Journal of My Son's First Son (Author) 219 copies
Top members (works)
Anne Lamott has 1 upcoming event.
VB Reads...Motherhood by the Book
Motherhood by the Book is led by Claire, VB staffer, mother of a toddler, and stepmother of an adolescent.
The book group meets on the second Sunday of every month at 2pm on the mezzanine level, next to our poetry section and near the Book Fare Cafe, for an hour of spirited discussion of books that celebrate the trials, tribulations, and rewards of motherhood, and what it means to be a mother. This group is by no means exclusive to moms with kids still at home, but much of the selection may be geared toward issues that those moms face. We will read fiction, non-fiction, and parenting books.
Sun, July 13, 2pm
Blue shoe by Anne Lamott
Mattie Ryder is marvelously neurotic, well-intentioned, funny, religious, sarcastic, tender, angry, and broke. Her life at the moment is a wreck: her marriage has failed, her mother is failing, her house is rotting, her waist is expanding, her children are misbehaving, and she has a crush on a married man.
Location: Street: 1200 11th St City: Bellingham, Province: Washington Postal Code: 98225-7015 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Anne Lamott has 1 media appearance.
Anne Lamott has 44 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Born in San Francisco, Anne Lamott is the author of five novels and three works of nonfiction, and the recipient of a Guggenheim fellowship. She has been a book reviewer for Mademoiselle, a restaurant critic for California magazine, and a columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle. She also writes a popular column for the on-line magazine Salon, which Time magazine noted "could alone be the Best of the Web." Anne Lamott lives in northern California with her son, Sam.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Anne Lamott is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Anne Lamott is composed of 7 names. You can examine and separate out names.