On promotion tour, 1982 (photo credit: wikipedia user Towpilot, Sept. 1982)
- Shopgirl 3,437 copies, 82 reviews
- Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life 1,936 copies, 102 reviews
- The Pleasure of My Company 1,762 copies, 49 reviews
- Pure Drivel 1,044 copies, 25 reviews
- An Object of Beauty 851 copies, 62 reviews
- Cruel Shoes 520 copies, 5 reviews
- Picasso at the Lapin Agile and Other Plays: Picasso at the Lapin Agile,… 404 copies, 9 reviews
- The Alphabet from A to Y With Bonus Letter Z! 119 copies, 6 reviews
- The Underpants 81 copies
- Late for School 56 copies, 4 reviews
- The Ten, Make That Nine, Habits of Very Organized People. Make That Ten.:… 38 copies, 7 reviews
- The Jerk 34 copies
- L.A. Story and Roxanne: Two Screenplays 26 copies, 1 review
- Kindly lent their owner: The private collection of Steve Martin 11 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Steve Martin has 1 upcoming event.
Stand Up Sit Down Book Club - discussing Born Standing Up
What's the deal with book clubs? I mean, if reading is such a solitary endeavor, why bring other people into it at all? What kind of a devoted reader interrupts their precious "book time" to chat about a necessarily undefinable emotional response to literature? It sounds to me like they didn't want to be reading that badly in the first place! BINGO. Join Flippo and Steve(n) at BookPeople on the last Monday of every month for the STAND UP SIT DOWN Book Club, where we will discuss the mirth and mayhem of the greatest comedy memoirs yet written. This month's book is Born Standing Up by Steve Martin. Please remember to tip your waitstaff.
Location: Street: 603 N Lamar Blvd City: Austin, Province: Texas Postal Code: 78703-5413 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Steve Martin has 3 media appearances.
Actor and Author Steve Martin
A conversation with actor and comedian Steve Martin
A conversation with actor and comedian Steve Martin about his career, his life and his memoir; Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life. (timspalding)
Steve Martin has 1 past event. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Stephen Glenn "Steve" Martin (born August 14, 1945) is an American actor, comedian, writer, playwright, producer, musician and composer.
Martin was born in Waco, Texas, and raised in Southern California, where his early influences were working at Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm and working magic and comedy acts at these and other smaller venues in the area. His ascent to fame picked up when he became a writer for the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, and later became a frequent guest on The Tonight Show. In the 1970s, Martin performed his offbeat, absurdist comedy routines before packed houses on national tours. Since the 1980s, having branched away from stand-up comedy, he has become a successful actor, playwriter, pianist, banjo player, and juggler, eventually earning Emmy, Grammy, and American Comedy awards.
Related book awards
Improve this author
"Steve Martin" is composed of at least 6 distinct authors, divided by their works. You can edit the division.
Go to the disambiguation page to edit author name combination and separation.
Steve Martin is composed of 5 names. You can examine and separate out names.