|3,305 (3,617)||104||3,489|| (3.9)||16||1|
- Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future 766 copies, 16 reviews
- The End of Nature 532 copies, 7 reviews
- Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet 485 copies, 29 reviews
- The Age of Missing Information 272 copies, 3 reviews
- Enough: Staying Human in an Engineered Age 238 copies, 3 reviews
- American Earth: Environmental Writing Since Thoreau (Editor) 228 copies
- Hope, Human and Wild: True Stories of Living Lightly on the Earth 136 copies, 1 review
- Wandering Home: A Long Walk Across America's Most Hopeful… 115 copies, 5 reviews
- Hundred Dollar Holiday: The Case For A More Joyful Christmas 104 copies, 6 reviews
- Oil and Honey: The Education of an Unlikely Activist 77 copies, 15 reviews
- The Bill McKibben Reader: Pieces from an Active Life 70 copies, 3 reviews
- Long Distance: Testing the Limits of Body and Spirit in a Year of Living… 63 copies, 1 review
- Fight Global Warming Now: The Handbook for Taking Action in Your Community 49 copies, 1 review
- Maybe One: A Case for Smaller Families 47 copies, 3 reviews
- The Comforting Whirlwind: God, Job, and the Scale of Creation 36 copies
- The Global Warming Reader: A Century of Writing About Climate Change 21 copies
- The Greening of Faith: God, the Environment, and the Good Life 13 copies, 1 review
- Wilderness Comes Home: Rewilding the Northeast (Middlebury Bicentennial… 12 copies
- Birch Browsings: A John Burroughs Reader (Nature Library, Penguin) 10 copies
- Look At The Land 10 copies
- Mighty Giants: An American Chestnut Anthology 5 copies
- 25 Bicycle Tours in the Adirondacks: Road Adventures in the East's… 4 copies
- Naturens undergång 2 copies
- Kunstige nye verden 2 copies
- What is True Development? The Kerala Model 1 copy
- Christmas Unplugged 1 copy, 1 review
- Lewis and the Lighthouse 1 copy
- Just get rid of the pigs: what can we learn from Tikopia, whose residents… 1 copy
- Global warning: get up! Stand up! How to build a mass movement to halt… 1 copy
- The Christian paradox: How a faithful nation gets Jesus wrong [article] 1 copy
- The Most Importsnt Number in the World 1 copy
- The Year of Living Strenuously 1 copy
Top members (works)
Bill McKibben has 1 upcoming event.
Saratoga: Bill McKibben and Sue Halpern "Wandering Home" and "A Dog Walks into a Nursing Home"
Don't miss this exceptional opportunity to hear Bill McKibben
and Sue Halpern
read from their books.
In Wandering Home
, one of his most personal books, Bill McKibben
invites readers to join him on a hike from his current home in Vermont to his former home in the Adirondacks. Here he reveals that the motivation for his impassioned environmental activism is not high-minded or abstract, but as tangible as the lakes and forests he explored in his twenties, the same woods where he lives with his family today.
Funny, moving, and profound, A dog walks into a nursing home is the story of how one virtuous—that is to say, faithful, charitable, loving, and sometimes prudent—mutt showed great hope, fortitude, and restraint (the occasional begged or stolen treat notwithstanding) as she taught a well-meaning woman the essence and pleasures of the good life.
Bill McKibben is the author of more than a dozen books, including The End of Nature, Oil and Honey, Eaarth, andxDeep Economy. He is the founder of the environmental organization 350.org and was among the first to warn of the dangers of global warming. He is the Schumann Distinguished Scholar at Middlebury College, a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the 2013 winner of the Gandhi Prize.
Sue Halpern is the author of five previous books. Her writing has appeared in The New York Review of Books, The New York Times Magazine, Time, The New Yorker, Parade, Rolling Stone, and Glamour, among others. She has been a Rhodes Scholar and a Guggenheim Fellow and is a scholar in residence at Middlebury College. She lives with her husband, the writer Bill McKibben, and Pransky in Ripton, Vermont.
Location: Street: 424 Broadway Additional: City: Saratoga Springs, Province: New York Postal Code: 12866 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Bill McKibben has 3 media appearances.
Bill McKibben has 20 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Related book awards
Improve this author
Bill McKibben is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Bill McKibben is composed of 4 names. You can examine and separate out names.