- Mary, Bloody Mary: A Young Royals Book 925 copies, 19 reviews
- Anastasia, The Last Grand Duchess 783 copies, 11 reviews
- Isabel, Jewel of Castilla 614 copies, 13 reviews
- Beware, Princess Elizabeth: A Young Royals Book 610 copies, 14 reviews
- Doomed Queen Anne 416 copies, 11 reviews
- Kristina : the Girl King 295 copies, 8 reviews
- Patience, Princess Catherine 215 copies, 8 reviews
- Loving Will Shakespeare 188 copies, 10 reviews
- Duchessina: A Novel of Catherine de' Medici (Young Royals) 149 copies, 5 reviews
- Where the Broken Heart Still Beats: The Story of Cynthia Ann Parker 139 copies, 1 review
- White Lilacs 137 copies, 1 review
- Marie, Dancing 133 copies, 8 reviews
- The Bad Queen: Rules and Instructions for Marie-Antoinette (Young Royals) 111 copies, 11 reviews
- In Mozart's Shadow: His Sister's Story 83 copies, 4 reviews
Top members (works)
Carolyn Meyer has 1 upcoming event.
Carolyn Meyer, Diary of a Waitress: The Not-So-Glamorous Life of a Harvey Girl
In 1926, droves of Americans traveled by train across the United States to visit the West. They ate at Harvey Houses, where thousands of well-trained waitresses provided first-class service. The Waitresses: The Journal of a Harvey Girl tells the first-person story of one spunky girl, Kitty Evans, as she faces the often funny and painful experiences she and fellow waitresses Cordelia and Emmy endure. As Kitty writes about her escapades, a loveable teenager emerges; she embraces adventure, independence, her position as a Harvey Girl, and a freelance writing career. In this fast-paced novel, best-selling author Carolyn Meyer, who has visited and researched several Harvey Hotels, brings together an unforgettable heroine with the universal themes of friendship, identity, and young love.
Carolyn Meyer is the acclaimed author of more than sixty books for young people, twenty of which are historical. Her many award-winning novels include Mary, Bloody Mary--an ABA's Pick of the Lists, an NCSS-CBC Notable Children's Trade Book in the Field of Social Studies, and an ALA Best Book for Young Adults--and Marie, Dancing, a Book Sense Pick. She is also the author of Cleopatra Confesses and Victoria Rebels. She lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, here a Harvey Hotel and Restaurant was located. Visit Carolyn's website at ReadCarolyn.com.
Location: Street: 4022 Rio Grande Blvd NW City: Albuquerque, Province: New Mexico Postal Code: 87107-3157 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Carolyn Meyer has 1 past event. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Carolyn Meyer is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Carolyn Meyer is composed of 5 names. You can examine and separate out names.