|23,669 (26,224)||1,111||415|| (3.84)||134||2|
- Bel Canto 9,524 copies, 315 reviews
- State of Wonder 3,694 copies, 277 reviews
- Run 2,698 copies, 139 reviews
- The Magician's Assistant 2,286 copies, 88 reviews
- Truth & Beauty: A Friendship 1,941 copies, 69 reviews
- The Patron Saint of Liars 1,785 copies, 52 reviews
- Taft 493 copies, 15 reviews
- This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage 482 copies, 44 reviews
- The Best American Short Stories 2006 (Editor) 425 copies, 3 reviews
- What Now? 237 copies, 17 reviews
- The Getaway Car: A Practical Memoir About Writing and Life 82 copies, 7 reviews
- The Bookshop Strikes Back 9 copies, 1 review
- Another year 7 copies, 1 review
- Bookclub-In-A-Box Discusses the Novel Bel Canto by Ann Patchett 3 copies
- The Future Dictionary of America: a book to benefit progressive causes in… (Contributor) 551 copies, 1 review
- Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant: Confessions of Cooking for One and… (Contributor) 395 copies, 21 reviews
- State by State: A Panoramic Portrait of America (Contributor) 360 copies, 10 reviews
- Binocular Vision: New & Selected Stories (Introduction) 286 copies, 16 reviews
- My Bookstore: Writers Celebrate Their Favorite Places to Browse, Read, and… (Contributor) 215 copies, 9 reviews
- Why I Write: Thoughts on the Craft of Fiction (Contributor) 142 copies, 3 reviews
- Writers on Writing, Volume II: More Collected Essays from The New York… (Contributor) 129 copies, 2 reviews
- The Best American Travel Writing 2007 (Contributor) 125 copies
- Eat, Memory: Great Writers at the Table: A Collection of Essays from the… (Contributor) 111 copies, 5 reviews
- Knitting Yarns: Writers on Knitting (Contributor) 80 copies, 5 reviews
- Why We Write: 20 Acclaimed Authors on How and Why They Do What They Do (Contributor) 71 copies, 6 reviews
- The Worst Noel: Hellish Holiday Tales (Contributor) 69 copies, 3 reviews
- The New Great American Writers' Cookbook (Contributor) 14 copies
- A Portrait of Southern Writers: Photographs (Contributor) 7 copies
Top members (works)
Ann Patchett has 2 upcoming events.
VB Reads...Motherhood by the Book
Motherhood by the Book is led by Claire, VB staffer, mother of a toddler, and stepmother of an adolescent.
The book group meets on the second Sunday of every month at 2pm on the mezzanine level, next to our poetry section and near the Book Fare Cafe, for an hour of spirited discussion of books that celebrate the trials, tribulations, and rewards of motherhood, and what it means to be a mother. This group is by no means exclusive to moms with kids still at home, but much of the selection may be geared toward issues that those moms face. We will read fiction, non-fiction, and parenting books.
Sunday, June 14, 2pm
The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett
St. Elizabeth’s, a home for unwed mothers in Habit, Kentucky, usually harbors its residents for only a little while. Until Rose Clinton, a beautiful, mysterious woman comes to the home pregnant but not unwed, and stays. She plans to give up her child, thinking she cannot be the mother it needs. But when Cecilia is born, Rose makes a place for herself and her daughter amid St. Elizabeth’s extended family of nuns.
Location: Street: 1200 11th St City: Bellingham, Province: Washington Postal Code: 98225-7015 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Writers Read Reading Group: This is the Story of a Happy Marriage
Left Bank Books
Join us for a reading group discussion of This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage
by Ann Patchett
Blending literature and memoir, Ann Patchett
, author of State of Wonder, Run, and Bel Canto, examines her deepest commitments – to writing, family, friends, dogs, books, and her husband – creating a resonant portrait of a life in This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage.
Parking: Lots one block north and one block east; street parking (meters free after 7pm).
For directions and public transportation information, click here.
Location: Street: Left Bank Books Additional: 399 N. Euclid Ave. City: Saint Louis, Province: Missouri Postal Code: 63108 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Ann Patchett has 1 media appearance.
Ann Patchett has 94 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Ann Patchett is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Ann Patchett is composed of 9 names. You can examine and separate out names.