|21,746 (23,179)||20||430|| (4.12)||105||18|
- The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals 9,644 copies
- In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto 5,022 copies
- The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World 3,402 copies
- Food Rules: An Eater's Manual 1,512 copies
- Second Nature: A Gardener's Education 922 copies
- A Place of My Own: The Education of an Amateur Builder 597 copies, 9 reviews
- Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation 450 copies
- The Omnivore's Dilemma for Kids: The Secrets Behind What You Eat 191 copies, 8 reviews
- Cat Treat Recipes: Homemade Cat Treats, Natural Cat Treats and How to Make… 2 copies
- Cannabis, the importance of forgetting, and the botany of desire 1 copy
- Non-Human Rights: Will Our Treatment of Animals Come to be Seen as Part of… 1 copy
- Unhappy Meals [article] 1 copy
- No One Cooks Here Anymore 1 copy, 1 review
Top members (works)
Michael Pollan has 18 upcoming events.
VB Reads...Environmental Conservation Book Group
Join us the second Monday of each month from 5-6pm in the Readings Gallery for the Village Books/Whatcom Land Trust co-sponsored Environmental Conservation Book Club. We discuss insightful contemporary and classic writings on the issues, inspirations, and interconnectedness related to the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Beautiful and challenging non-fiction, fiction, poetry, and more. We are always reading something interesting! Authors DO NOT attend.
Mon, May 12, 5pm
Today, buffeted by one food fad after another, America is suffering from what can only be described as a national eating disorder. Will it be fast food tonight, or something organic? Or perhaps something we grew ourselves? The question of what to have for dinner has confronted us since man discovered fire. But as Michael Pollan explains in this revolutionary book, how we answer it now, as the dawn of the twenty-first century, may determine our survival as a species.
Location: Street: 1200 11th St City: Bellingham, Province: Washington Postal Code: 98225-7015 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Michael Pollan has 1 media appearance.
Michael Pollan has 44 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Michale Pollan lives in the Bay Area with his wife, the painter Judith Belzer, and their son, Isaac.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Michael Pollan is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Michael Pollan is composed of 5 names. You can examine and separate out names.