|31,101 (31,268)||307||272|| (4.07)||69||1|
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit 5,736 copies, 95 reviews
- The Tale of Benjamin Bunny 1,760 copies, 11 reviews
- The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck 1,580 copies, 10 reviews
- The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter 1,554 copies, 13 reviews
- The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin 1,335 copies, 11 reviews
- The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher 1,189 copies, 9 reviews
- The Tale of Tom Kitten 1,170 copies, 8 reviews
- The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle 1,029 copies, 12 reviews
- The Tale of Two Bad Mice 992 copies, 9 reviews
- The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies 970 copies, 8 reviews
- The Tailor of Gloucester 968 copies, 6 reviews
- The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse 711 copies, 8 reviews
- The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes 596 copies, 5 reviews
- The Tale of Samuel Whiskers or The Roly-Poly Pudding 490 copies, 4 reviews
- The Tale of Ginger and Pickles 466 copies, 4 reviews
- The Story of Miss Moppet 461 copies, 4 reviews
- The Tale of Johnny Town-Mouse 440 copies, 2 reviews
- The Tale of The Pie and The Patty-Pan 432 copies, 2 reviews
- The Tale of Mr. Tod 430 copies, 4 reviews
- The Story of a Fierce Bad Rabbit 415 copies, 5 reviews
- The Tale of Pigling Bland 405 copies, 3 reviews
- The Tale of Little Pig Robinson 381 copies, 1 review
- Giant Treasury of Peter Rabbit 374 copies, 1 review
- Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes 360 copies, 1 review
- Cecily Parsley's Nursery Rhymes 351 copies, 3 reviews
- The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit 350 copies, 3 reviews
- Tales of Peter Rabbit and His Friends 288 copies, 2 reviews
- Great Big Treasury of Beatrix Potter 269 copies, 2 reviews
- Beatrix Potter: A Journal 197 copies, 1 review
- Beatrix Potter Giant Treasury 175 copies, 2 reviews
- A Treasury of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories 169 copies
Top members (works)
Beatrix Potter has 1 upcoming event.
Our World Home School Book Co-op Meets
Our World School Book Club, for kids ages 6 to 8, continues for another season of books and conversation. This year we will be reading children's classics and even some comic books! Join us for reading, crafts and snacks.
This month's selection is the continuation and completion of Peter Rabbit
Our World School Bookclub meets every second Friday of the month at 1pm at Bookworks.
Please contact Barbara MacFarlane for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Our World School Homeschool Co-op website at http://www.meetup.com/Our-World-School-Homeschool-Co-op
This month's reading selection is Peter Rabbit.
Location: Street: 4022 Rio Grande Blvd NW City: Albuquerque, Province: New Mexico Postal Code: 87107-3157 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Beatrix Potter has 11 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Beatrix Potter was born in south Kensington, London, to a wealthy family. She was educated by a governess and had a sheltered childhood with her younger brother Bertram. They kept an assortment of pets, including rabbits, mice, frogs, lizards, snakes, snails, and bats.
She began to draw and paint at an early age, and her parents encouraged her interest in art, providing her with special tutors and taking her to exhibitions at galleries.
The family spent summers in Scotland and later in the English Lake District, which provided much inspiration for her later work. She made her debut as a writer with a small animal book called A Happy Pair (1890), published under the pseudonym H.B.P. Her most famous work, The Tale of Peter Rabbit, was privately printed in 1901 in an edition of 250 copies, and then published by Frederick Warne & Co. Her wildly popular series of children's books, with their charming watercolor illustrations, also launched entire industries of pottery, tea-towels, plush toys, and animated films. With her royalties, she bought Hill Top, a 17th-century farm at Sawrey, Lancashire, in the Lake District, which became the setting for several of her books. At age 47, she married William Heelis, a solicitor, and gradually stopped writing. She bought a sheep farm and spent her last 30 years raising Herdwick sheep.
Improve this author
Beatrix Potter is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Beatrix Potter is composed of 20 names. You can examine and separate out names.