1) the naturalist 1627-1705 who wrote a.o. The wisdom of God manifested in the works of the creation;
2) the historian - Dr. John Philip Ray, a former deputy head of Hugh Christie School, Tonbridge, Kent, UK. who has written more than 30 books on history. 1929- : The Battle of Britain: Dowding and the First Victory, 1940 (Cassell Military Paperbacks S.) and the Night Blitz;
3) the computer specialist 1971- : MAC OS X unleashed;
4) the egyptologist at The University of Cambridge: Reflections of Osiris: Lives from Ancient Egypt
5) Ray, John fl. 1902 wrote Conundrums.......
7) David Nasmyth wrote Who Was Alexander the Great (Amazon error)