Oakland - Vicki Robin discusses and signs "Blessing the Hands that Feed Us"
Diesel, a bookstore - Oakland, Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 3pm
Diesel, A Bookstore in Oakland welcomes Vicki Robin to the store to discuss and sign her book, Blessing the Hands That Feed Us: Lessons from a Ten-Mile Diet, on Sunday, January 19th at 3pm.
Here's a summary of Blessing the Hands That Feed Us in eight bullet points, as described by Vicki Robin:
- A funny, informative, inspiring story about my effort to eat within 10 miles of my home in September 2010
- A brief education on relocalization, transition, and the global crises
- An introduction to “relational eating” – eating in the context of community (which is the way it always was, we just forgot)
- A personal story of hope lost and found in my life as an activist
- A call to participate in the re-regionalization of our food systems
- A spiritual story of redemption through community, and of finding a true home
- Profiles of farmers and a community becoming stronger through food and feeding one another
- A topography of Whidbey’s local food territory that others can use in their lives and communities
Vicki Robin is a prolific social innovator, writer and speaker. She is coauthor, with Joe Dominguez, of the international bestseller Your Money or Your Life: Transforming Your Relationship With Money and Achieving Financial Independence. She has lectured widely and appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows, including The Oprah Winfrey Show, Good Morning America, and National Public Radio’s Weekend Edition and Morning Edition. She has long been at the forefront of the sustainable living movement, and has received awards from Co-Op America and Sustainable Northwest. She lives on Whidbey Island in Washington.
Location: Street: 5433 College Ave City: Oakland, Province: California Postal Code: 94618-1502 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.
Related book awards