|21,186 (25,893)||468||499|| (3.87)||131||1|
- The man who mistook his wife for a hat and other clinical tales 6,963 copies, 99 reviews
- Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain 3,208 copies, 82 reviews
- An Anthropologist on Mars 2,686 copies, 34 reviews
- Awakenings 1,462 copies, 12 reviews
- Uncle Tungsten: Memories of a Chemical Boyhood 1,381 copies, 35 reviews
- The Island of the Colorblind and Cycad Island 1,170 copies, 14 reviews
- Seeing Voices 954 copies, 13 reviews
- The Mind's Eye 777 copies, 35 reviews
- Hallucinations 660 copies, 41 reviews
- A Leg to Stand On 631 copies, 9 reviews
- Migraine 558 copies, 4 reviews
- Oaxaca Journal 362 copies, 13 reviews
- The Best American Science Writing 2003 (Editor) 134 copies, 1 review
- Awakenings, A Leg to Stand On, The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat,… 95 copies
- Phantoms in the Brain: Probing the Mysteries of the Human Mind (Foreword, some editions) 1,251 copies, 10 reviews
- Thinking in Pictures: My Life with Autism (Foreword, some editions) 747 copies, 14 reviews
- The Oxford Book of Modern Science Writing (Contributor) 514 copies, 5 reviews
- The Best American Essays 2005 (Contributor) 276 copies, 1 review
- The Best American Essays 2006 (Contributor) 238 copies, 1 review
- The Best American Essays 2004 (Contributor) 227 copies, 1 review
- A Journey Round My Skull (Introduction) 211 copies, 10 reviews
- A Glorious Accident: Understanding Our Place in the Cosmic Puzzle (Contributor) 165 copies, 6 reviews
- The Vintage Book of Amnesia: An Anthology of Writing on the Subject of… (Contributor) 161 copies, 1 review
- Hidden Histories of Science (Contributor) 161 copies, 2 reviews
- The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2011 (Contributor) 160 copies, 2 reviews
- The Best American Essays 1998 (Contributor) 148 copies, 1 review
- Granta 21: The Story-Teller (Contributor, some editions) 105 copies, 1 review
- The Norton Book of Personal Essays (Contributor) 103 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Oliver Sacks has 1 upcoming event.
VB Reads...General Literature
Join Cindi and discuss books from a variety of genres at 7 pm, the first Monday of each month. Authors DO NOT Attend.
Monday, July 6, 7pmMusicophilia
: Tales of Music and the Brain By Oliver Sacks
, Oliver Sacks
explores the place music occupies in the brain and how it affects the human condition. He shows us a variety of what he calls "musical misalignments." Among them? A man struck by lightning who suddenly desires to become a pianist at the age of forty-two. People with "amusia," to whom a symphony sounds like the clattering of pots and pans, and a man whose memory spans only seven seconds-for everything but music. Illuminating, inspiring, and utterly unforgettable, Musicophilia is Oliver Sacks' latest masterpiece.
Location: Street: 1200 11th St City: Bellingham, Province: Washington Postal Code: 98225-7015 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Oliver Sacks has 2 media appearances.
Oliver Sacks has 7 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Oliver Sacks is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Oliver Sacks is composed of 19 names. You can examine and separate out names.