|8,164 (9,528)||279||1,330|| (3.71)||49||3|
- Roman Blood 1,071 copies, 28 reviews
- Roma 799 copies, 52 reviews
- Catilina's Riddle (Author) 681 copies, 16 reviews
- Arms of Nemesis 680 copies, 18 reviews
- The Venus Throw 622 copies, 13 reviews
- A Murder on the Appian Way 600 copies, 9 reviews
- Rubicon 509 copies, 12 reviews
- The House of the Vestals 504 copies, 10 reviews
- Last Seen in Massilia 453 copies, 7 reviews
- The Judgment of Caesar 443 copies, 11 reviews
- A Mist of Prophecies 416 copies, 11 reviews
- A Gladiator Dies Only Once 324 copies, 9 reviews
- The Triumph of Caesar 305 copies, 12 reviews
- Empire 254 copies, 21 reviews
- Warriors (Contributor) 310 copies, 11 reviews
- Down These Strange Streets (Contributor) 216 copies, 11 reviews
- The Mammoth Book of Historical Detectives (Contributor) 145 copies, 3 reviews
- Flesh and the Word: An Anthology of Erotic Writing (some editions) 131 copies, 1 review
- The Mammoth Book of Historical Whodunnits : Brand New Collection (Contributor) 111 copies, 1 review
- Flesh and the Word 2: An Anthology of Erotic Writing (Contributor) 84 copies, 3 reviews
- Friends and Lovers: Gay Men Write About the Families They Create (Contributor) 81 copies
- Past Poisons: An Ellis Peters Memorial Anthology of Historic Crime (Contributor, some editions) 70 copies, 1 review
- Flesh and the Word 3: An Anthology of Erotic Writing (Contributor) 68 copies
- Crime Through Time III (Contributor) 59 copies, 1 review
- The Mammoth Book of Gay Erotica (Contributor) 48 copies
- Murder for Halloween: Tales of Suspense (Contributor) 35 copies, 2 reviews
- Fantasy & Science Fiction: Volume 121, Nos. 1 & 2 (July/August 2011) (Contributor) 6 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Steven Saylor has 3 upcoming events.
will sign and discuss his book, Raiders of the Nile
(Minotaur; $26.99).Steven Saylor
is the author of the long running Roma Sub Rosa series featuring Gordianus the Finder, as well as the New York Times bestselling novel, Roma and its follow-up, Empire. He has appeared as an on-air expert on Roman history and life on The History Channel. Saylor was born in Texas and graduated with high honors from The University of Texas at Austin, where he studied history and classics. He divides his time between Berkeley, California, and Austin, Texas.
Location: Street: 2342 Bissonnet St Additional: City: Houston, Province: Texas Postal Code: 77005 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
MysteryPeople Presents: STEVEN SAYLOR - Raiders of the Nile
Monday, Mar 31st at 7PM
Internationally Bestselling Author Steven Saylor
speaking & signing Raiders of the Nile
: Novels of Ancient Rome #19 Internationally bestselling author Steven Saylor
returns, chronicling the early years of his detective, Gordianus, before he assumed the title of The Finder. Raiders of the Nile is the latest in his much-loved series of mysteries set in the late Roman Republic. Join us as we welcome him tonight!
In 88 B.C. it seems as if all the world is at war. From Rome to Greece and to Egypt itself, most of civilization is on the verge of war. The young Gordianus--a born-and-raised Roman citizen--is living in Alexandria, making ends meet by plying his trade of solving puzzles and finding things out for pay. He whiles away his time with his slave Bethesda, waiting for the world to regain its sanity. But on the day Gordianus turns twenty-two, Bethesda is kidnapped by brigands who mistake her for a rich man's mistress. If Gordianus is to find and save Bethesda, who has come to mean more to him than even he suspected, he must find the kidnappers before they realize their mistake and cut their losses.
Steven Saylor is the author of acclaimed historical mystery novels featuring Gordianus the Finder, including The Triumph of Caesar, as well as the internationally bestselling historical novels Empire and Roma. He has appeared on the History Channel as an expert on Roman politics and life. He divides his time between Berkeley, California, and Austin, Texas. In order to have anything signed at a BookPeople event, a copy of the event book must be purchased from BookPeople. If you purchase your book from BookPeople in advance of the event, please save your receipt and present it at the event.
Thank you for supporting Steven Saylor & your local independent bookstore!
Location: Street: 603 N Lamar Blvd City: Austin, Province: Texas Postal Code: 78703-5413 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
STEVEN SAYLOR at Books Inc. in The Castro
International-bestselling author and historian Steven Saylor
shares the latest installment in his vivid Novels of Ancient Rome series, Raiders of the Nile
. Alexandria , 88 B.C. - Gordianus makes ends meet by solving puzzles and finding things out for pay. He whiles away his time with his slave Bethesda. When Bethesda is kidnapped by brigands who mistake her for a rich man’s mistress, Gordianus must convince them that he can offer something of value. And soon, he finds himself in the midst of a very dangerous plot--the raiding and pillaging of the golden sarcophagus of Alexander the Great himself.
Location: Books Inc. Street: 2275 Market St City: San Francisco, Province: California Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Steven Saylor has 7 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Related book awards
Improve this author
Steven Saylor is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Steven Saylor is composed of 9 names. You can examine and separate out names.