|14,344 (17,490)||383||783|| (3.64)||54||1|
- A Thousand Acres 4,383 copies, 73 reviews
- Moo 1,977 copies, 43 reviews
- The All-True Travels and Adventures of Lidie Newton 948 copies, 20 reviews
- Horse Heaven 856 copies, 11 reviews
- The Greenlanders 720 copies, 21 reviews
- Good Faith 679 copies, 12 reviews
- Thirteen ways of looking at the novel 625 copies, 19 reviews
- Duplicate Keys 564 copies, 12 reviews
- Ten Days in the Hills 487 copies, 14 reviews
- Private Life 482 copies, 43 reviews
- The Age of Grief 378 copies, 6 reviews
- Ordinary Love and Good Will 344 copies, 7 reviews
- Some Luck 319 copies, 24 reviews
- Barn Blind 271 copies, 3 reviews
- Charles Dickens 243 copies, 11 reviews
- The Best American Short Stories 1995 (Editor) 234 copies
- At Paradise Gate: A Novel 221 copies, 4 reviews
- A Year at the Races: Reflections on Horses, Humans, Love, Money, and Luck 134 copies, 4 reviews
- The Georges and the Jewels 102 copies, 9 reviews
- The Man Who Invented the Computer: The Biography of John Atanasoff,… 100 copies, 5 reviews
- Best New American Voices 2006 72 copies, 1 review
- A Good Horse 63 copies, 3 reviews
- True Blue 24 copies
- Early Warning: A novel 18 copies
- Pie in the Sky 17 copies, 1 review
- The True Subject: Writers on Life and Craft 15 copies
- Nobody's Horse 13 copies, 1 review
- Great American Short Stories (Barnes & Noble Signature Editn) 13 copies
- Gee Whiz: Book Five of the Horses of Oak Valley Ranch 12 copies
- Catskill crafts : artisans of the Catskill Mountains 11 copies
- Portraits d'après nature, précédé de "Un amour… 4 copies
- The Sagas of Icelanders (Preface) 1,409 copies, 10 reviews
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn [Norton Critical Edition, 3rd ed.] (Contributor) 647 copies, 6 reviews
- Writers on Writing: Collected Essays from The New York Times (Contributor) 306 copies, 4 reviews
- You've Got to Read This: Contemporary American Writers Introduce Stories… (Introduction) 286 copies, 3 reviews
- The Workshop: Seven Decades of the Iowa Writers Workshop - 43 Stories,… (Contributor) 141 copies
- Writers on Writing, Volume II: More Collected Essays from The New York… (Introduction) 128 copies, 2 reviews
- The Barbie Chronicles: A Living Doll Turns Forty (Contributor) 81 copies, 1 review
- Why We Write: 20 Acclaimed Authors on How and Why They Do What They Do (Contributor) 69 copies, 6 reviews
- Mentors, Muses & Monsters: 30 Writers on the People Who Changed Their… (Contributor) 49 copies, 2 reviews
- Marta Oulie: A Novel of Betrayal (Introduction, some editions) 25 copies, 2 reviews
- A Thousand Acres [1997 film] (Original novel) 5 copies
Top members (works)
Jane Smiley has 1 upcoming event.
Credit: Elena SeibertJane Smiley
Tuesday, May 5, 7:30 p.m.Early Warning
Pulitzer Prize winning author Jane Smiley
brings us the second volume in The Last Hundred Years trilogy, which started with Some luck, long-listed for the National Book award. Come help us celebrate the publication of Early Warning, the book that chronicles the Langdon's family journey through mid-century America.
Early Warning opens in 1953 with the Langdons at a crossroads. Without spoiling it for those of you who haven't read Some luck, the five Langdon children are left looking to the future. One remains to work the Iowa farm, while the others scatter to Washington, DC, California, and everywhere in between.
The Langdon children then have children of their own: twin boys who are best friends and vicious rivals; a girl whose rebellious spirit takes her to the notorious Peoples Temple in San Francisco; and a golden boy who drops out of college to fight in Vietnam—leaving behind a secret legacy that will send shockwaves through the Langdon family into the next generation.
The book captures an indelible period in America - the Cold War, the social and sexual revolutions of the 1960s and '70s, and the unprecedented wealth of the early '80s - through the lens of richly drawn characters we come to know and love.
Jane Smiley is the author of numerous novels, including A Thousand Acres, which was awarded the Pulitzer Prize. A member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters, she has also received the PEN USA Lifetime Achievement Award for Literature.
Location: Street: 1010 El Camino Real City: Menlo Park, Province: California Postal Code: 94025-4349 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Jane Smiley has 23 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Jane Smiley is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Jane Smiley is composed of 9 names. You can examine and separate out names.