|10,569 (34,631)||555||975|| (4.16)||100||1|
- Angle of Repose 3,352 copies, 97 reviews
- Crossing to Safety 2,328 copies, 61 reviews
- The Big Rock Candy Mountain 620 copies, 18 reviews
- The Spectator Bird 553 copies, 10 reviews
- All the Little Live Things 426 copies, 13 reviews
- Where the Bluebird Sings to the Lemonade Springs: Living and Writing in… 423 copies, 7 reviews
- Beyond the Hundredth Meridian: John Wesley Powell and the Second Opening… 362 copies, 7 reviews
- Collected Stories of Wallace Stegner 353 copies, 2 reviews
- Great American Short Stories 252 copies, 1 review
- Wolf Willow: A History, a Story, and a Memory of the Last Plains Frontier… 229 copies, 3 reviews
- Recapitulation 174 copies, 3 reviews
- A Shooting Star 171 copies, 1 review
- Mormon Country 157 copies, 3 reviews
- Joe Hill 146 copies, 3 reviews
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Introduction, some editions) 22,832 copies, 312 reviews
- The Exploration of the Colorado River and Its Canyons (Introduction, some editions) 359 copies, 3 reviews
- A Sense of History: The Best Writing from American Heritage (Contributor) 295 copies, 3 reviews
- The Workshop: Seven Decades of the Iowa Writers Workshop - 43 Stories,… (Contributor) 138 copies
- Trails West (Contributor) 127 copies
- Still Wild: Short Fiction of the American West 1950 to the Present (Contributor) 87 copies
- From Ink Lake: Canadian Stories (Contributor) 84 copies
- The Aspirin Age, 1919-1941 (Contributor, some editions) 67 copies, 1 review
- Gentlemen, Scholars and Scoundrels; a Treasury of the Best of Harper's… (Contributor) 36 copies
- Unknown California (Contributor) 22 copies
- Family: Stories from the Interior (The Graywolf Short Fiction Series) (Contributor) 11 copies
- The Humane Vision of Wendell Berry (Contributor) 4 copies
Top members (works)
Wallace Stegner has 1 upcoming event.
MAC'S BOOK CLUB
Mac's Book Club will meet to discuss Angle of Repose By Wallace Stegner
on Wednesday, January 15th at 7:30 p.m.
A deeply moving novel that, through the prism of one family, illuminates the American present against the fascinating background of our pastAngle of Repose
tells the story of Lyman Ward, a retired professor of history and author of books about the Western frontier, who returns to his ancestral home of Grass Valley, California, in the Sierra Nevada. Wheelchair-bound with a crippling bone disease and dependent on others for his every need, Ward is nonetheless embarking on a search of monumental proportions -- to rediscover his grandmother, now long dead, who made her own journey to Grass Valley nearly a hundred years earlier. Like other great quests in literature, Lyman Ward's investigation leads him deep into the dark shadows of his own life.
The winner of a Pulitzer Prize and a National Book Award, Wallace Stegner is the author of a dozen novels and as many works of nonfiction, including Angle of Repose, The Spectator Bird, and Crossing to Safety. The founder and director of the graduate writing program at Stanford University, he spent much of his life in northern California and Vermont. He died in 1993.
Location: Street: 1820 Coventry Rd Additional: City: Cleveland Heights, Province: Ohio Postal Code: 44118 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Wallace Stegner has 10 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Related book awards
Improve this author
Wallace Stegner is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Wallace Stegner is composed of 18 names. You can examine and separate out names.