Gloria Steinem (1934- )
News conference, Women's Action Alliance.
Photograph by Warren K. Leffler, Jan. 12, 1972.
(U.S. News and World Report Collection,
Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division)
|2,686 (5,547)||69||5,110|| (3.96)||3||1|
- Goddesses in Everywoman: A New Psychology of Women (Foreword, some editions) 821 copies, 9 reviews
- Written by Herself: Volume I: Autobiographies of American Women: An… (Contributor) 323 copies, 3 reviews
- Free to Be... You and Me (Contributor) 306 copies, 5 reviews
- Race, Class, and Gender: An Anthology (Contributor, some editions) 304 copies, 1 review
- To Be Real: Telling the Truth and Changing the Face of Feminism (Foreword, some editions) 256 copies
- The Portable Sixties Reader (Contributor) 231 copies, 2 reviews
- Free to Be... A Family: A Book About All Kinds Of Belonging (Introduction) 131 copies
- The Penguin Book of Women's Humour (Contributor) 92 copies
- Women Respond to the Men's Movement: A Feminist Collection (Foreword) 81 copies
- The Choices We Made: Twenty-Five Women and Men Speak Out About Abortion (Foreword) 63 copies
- The Woman Who Ran for President: The Many Lives of Victoria Woodhull (Introduction, some editions) 55 copies
- Wonder Woman (Introduction) 52 copies
- Out of Bondage (Introduction) 45 copies
- Enslaved: True Stories of Modern Day Slavery (Foreword, some editions) 34 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Gloria Steinem has 1 upcoming event.
Gloria Steinem - Ticketed event at SCPA
discusses My Life on the Road
. With the unique perspective of one of the greatest feminist icons of the 20th and 21st centuries, here is an inspiring, profound, enlightening memoir of one woman's life-long journey - from her time on the campaign trail, from Bobby Kennedy to Hillary Clinton; her early exposure to social activism in India, and the decades spent organizing ground-up movements in America; the taxi drivers who were "vectors of modern myths" and the airline stewardesses who embraced the feminist revolution; and the infinite, surprising contrasts, the "surrealism in everyday life" that Steinem encountered as she traveled back and forth across the country. **This is a ticketed event. Tickets include admission to the event and a paperback copy of "My Life on the Road". You can purchase tickets by calling the store at 513-396-8960** (archaism)… (more)
Event location: Cincinnati's School for the Creative and Performing Arts
Gloria Steinem has 1 media appearance.
Gloria Steinem has 1 past event. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Gloria Steinem is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Gloria Steinem is composed of 5 names. You can examine and separate out names.