picture taken by C. Osnato
- Valencia 407 copies, 8 reviews
- Rent Girl 318 copies, 6 reviews
- Rose of No Man's Land 275 copies, 11 reviews
- The Chelsea Whistle: A Memoir (Live Girls) 186 copies, 3 reviews
- The Passionate Mistakes and Intricate Corruption of One Girl in America 175 copies, 3 reviews
- Without a Net: The Female Experience of Growing Up Working Class (Live… 146 copies, 2 reviews
- Baby Remember My Name: An Anthology of New Queer Girl Writing (Editor) 85 copies
- The Beautiful: Collected Poems 83 copies
- Pills, Thrills, Chills, and Heartache: Adventures in the First Person (Editor; Contributor) 40 copies
- It's So You: 35 Women Write About Personal Expression Through Fashion… (Editor) 38 copies, 2 reviews
- Sister Spit: Writing, Rants and Reminiscence from the Road (City… 7 copies
- Mermaid in Chelsea Creek 7 copies
- Transforming Community 3 copies
- Transmissions from Camp Trans (in Best American Nonrequired Reading 2004 -… 1 copy
Top members (works)
Michelle Tea has 1 upcoming event.
Michelle Tea and Ali Liebegott: Mermaid in Chelsea Creak and Cha Ching!
Join us for a reading with Michelle Tea
and Ali Liebegott
Michelle will be reading from her new young adult novel Mermaid in Chelsea Creek
"I couldn't keep still when I was reading "Mermaid in Chelsea Creek
". I kept standing up to pace around because I was so excited by the book and then I'd hurry back to my chair so I hadn't missed anything. The novel has everything terrific about Michelle Tea, with the grit and the wit and the girls in trouble loving each other fierce and true, and then it has all the juice of a terrific fantasy novel, with the magic and the creatures and the otherworldly sense of something lurking underneath each artifact of our ordinary lives. I can't keep still to write a blurb about it. Just read the thing, read it now." --Daniel Handler
"A radiant hybrid of piercing realism, creeping horror, and heartbreaking fantasy--but fantasy with dirt in its hair and scabs on its knees. Tea is an uncommon talent doing uncommon things and her voice tickles you, slaps you, whatever it takes to wake your ass up." --Daniel Kraus
Ali will be reading from her new novel Ca-Ching!
"An open-hearted, deeply romantic story about a fucked-up dyke, her pit bull, her search for love, her tenuous grasp on hope, a pretty girl and the literal spin of the wheel." --Sarah Schulman
"In the game of American-life-on-the-go hopscotch, Ali Liebegott's heroine Theo just jumped a square ahead of Dean Moriarty.... The author's fine writing about gambling is as good as I ever read, including Dostoevski's and the Barthelme Bros. In the end, love, in whatever twisted, pallid form, a love that has little to do with sexuality, is the only answer.... Wonderful book." --Andrei Codrescu
So exciting we can barely stand it!! (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Michelle Tea has 5 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Related book awards
Improve this author
Michelle Tea is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Michelle Tea is composed of 4 names. You can examine and separate out names.