Photo © Barry Lewis
|15,720 (15,951)||410||694|| (3.76)||18||2|
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves (Author) 11,574 copies, 258 reviews
- Talk to the Hand : The Utter Bloody Rudeness of Everyday Life (or six good… 1,977 copies, 50 reviews
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves: Why, Commas Really Do Make a Difference! 905 copies, 42 reviews
- The Girl's Like Spaghetti: Why, You Can't Manage without Apostrophes! 279 copies, 14 reviews
- The Lynne Truss Treasury: Columns and Three Comic Novels 272 copies, 2 reviews
- Twenty-Odd Ducks: Why, every punctuation mark counts! 170 copies, 17 reviews
- Tennyson's Gift 102 copies, 1 review
- Making the Cat Laugh 100 copies, 2 reviews
- With One Lousy Free Packet of Seed 81 copies
- Going Loco 69 copies
- Get Her Off the Pitch!: How Sport Took Over My Life 51 copies, 3 reviews
- Cat Out of Hell 43 copies, 11 reviews
- Cutting a Dash (Eats, Shoots & Leaves) (Radio Collection) 26 copies, 1 review
- Komma rätt, komma fel och komma till punkt 26 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Lynne Truss has 2 upcoming events.
FEATURE EVENT! Bestselling Author of Eats, Shoots, and Leaves, Lynne Truss, Brings Us Cat Out of Hell
I LOVE THIS WOMAN AND I LOVE THIS BOOK! - Kelly, owner of Fountain
Acclaimed New York Times bestselling author Lynne Truss
(Eats, Shoots & Leaves) is back with a mesmerizing and hilarious tale of cats and murder.Lynne Truss
is the author of Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation, which spent 45 weeks on the New York Times hardcover bestseller list—3 at #1—and was the USA Today Book of the Year 2004, and Talk to the Hand: The Utter Bloody Rudeness of the World Today, or, Six Good Reasons to Stay at Home and Bolt the Door, which was also a New York Times bestseller. Her children’s book Eats, Shoots & Leaves: Why, Commas Really Do Make a Difference spent 7 weeks on the New York Times children’s bestseller list—4 at #1—and was a Book Sense Book of the Year Honor Book, as well as a KidsReads.com Best Book of the Year.
Location: Street: 1312 E. Cary St. City: Richmond, Province: Virginia Postal Code: 23219-4118 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Phoenix | Lynne Truss | Cat Out of Hell
7PM THURSDAY, MARCH 19 Lynne Truss
: Cat Out of Hell
The grammatical guru behind the #1 international bestseller Eats, Shoots and Leaves
visits with her new novel, a humorous tale of cats, mystery, and murder.
For people who both love and hate cats comes the tale of Dr. "Wiggy" Winterton, a librarian who finds himself suddenly alone: he's just lost his job, his beloved wife has just died, and to top it all off, his sister has disappeared. Overcome by grief, he stands in his sister's kitchen staring at the only witness to what's happened to her—her cat, Roger. Who then speaks to him. It takes a while for Wiggy to realize he's not gone mad from grief, that the cat is actually speaking . . . and that much of what we fear about cats is true. They do think they're smarter than humans, for one thing, and, well, it seems they are! What's more, they do have nine lives. Or at least this one does: Roger's older than Methuselah, and his unblinking stare comes from the fact that he's seen it all. And he's got a tale to tell, a tale of shocking local history and dark forces that may link not only the death of Wiggy's wife, but also several other local deaths, as well as the disappearance of his sister. But will the cat help Wiggy, or is he one of the dark forces?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR Lynne Truss is the author of the New York Times bestseller Talk to the Hand, and The Lynne Truss Treasury, and Eats, Shoots & Leaves, for which she won Britainas Book of the Year Award and has sold over three million copies worldwide. Truss is a regular host on BBC Radio 4, a Times (London) columnist, and the author of numerous radio comedy dramas.
Location: Street: 300 West Camelback Road City: Phoenix, Province: Arizona Postal Code: 85013 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Lynne Truss has 4 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Lynne Truss is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Lynne Truss is composed of 6 names. You can examine and separate out names.