Credit: Library of Congress
|12,764 (12,994)||584||823|| (4.1)||12||1|
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day 5,819 copies, 308 reviews
- Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday 1,466 copies, 48 reviews
- Alexander, Who's Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean It!) Going to Move 1,115 copies, 44 reviews
- The Tenth Good Thing About Barney 670 copies, 34 reviews
- Necessary Losses 546 copies, 4 reviews
- If I Were in Charge of the World and Other Worries: Poems for Children and… 331 copies, 5 reviews
- My Mama Says There Aren't Any Zombies, Ghosts, Vampires, Demons, Monsters,… 303 copies, 9 reviews
- Super-Completely and Totally the Messiest! 271 copies, 20 reviews
- Earrings! (Aladdin Picture Books) 214 copies, 12 reviews
- Lulu and the Brontosaurus 206 copies, 12 reviews
- I'll Fix Anthony (Aladdin Picture Books) 156 copies, 5 reviews
- It's hard to be hip over thirty and other tragedies of married life 151 copies, 6 reviews
- Rosie and Michael 150 copies, 6 reviews
- The Good-bye Book 126 copies, 15 reviews
- Murdering Mr. Monti 95 copies, 1 review
- Absolutely, Positively Alexander 92 copies, 3 reviews
- Imperfect Control: Our Lifelong Struggles With Power and Surrender 89 copies
- How Did I Get to Be 40 & Other Atrocities 84 copies, 2 reviews
- Lulu Walks the Dogs 83 copies, 3 reviews
- Forever Fifty and Other Negotiations 74 copies, 3 reviews
- Sad Underwear and Other Complications: More Poems for Children and Their… 74 copies, 3 reviews
- Alexander and the Wonderful, Marvelous, Excellent, Terrific Ninety Days:… 69 copies, 4 reviews
- When Did I Stop Being 20 and Other Injustices 64 copies, 1 review
- Sunday Morning 58 copies, 4 reviews
- Nobody Here but Me 50 copies, 15 reviews
- Suddenly Sixty And Other Shocks Of Later Life 50 copies
- The Alphabet From Z to A: (With Much Confusion on the Way) 46 copies, 2 reviews
- Just in Case 46 copies, 4 reviews
- People & Other Aggravations 43 copies, 1 review
- Grown-Up Marriage: What We Know, Wish We Had Known, and Still Need to Know… 36 copies
- Love and Guilt and the Meaning of Life, Etc. 30 copies
Top members (works)
Judith Viorst has 1 upcoming event.
Judith Viorst has 3 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Judith Viorst (born February 2, 1931) is an American author, newspaper journalist, and psychoanalysis researcher. She is perhaps best known for her children's literature, such as The Tenth Good Thing About Barney (about the death of a pet) and the Alexander series of short books.
In the latter part of the 1970s, after two decades of writing for children and adults, Viorst turned to the study of Freudian psychology. After six years of study at Washington Psychoanalytic Institute, in 1981 she became a research graduate affiliated with the institute.
Judith Viorst lives in Washington, DC, with her husband, political writer Milton Viorst. They have three grown sons: Anthony Jacob Viorst, an attorney practicing in the Denver, Colorado area; Nicholas Nathan "Nick" Viorst, an Assistant District Attorney for New York County, and Alexander Noah Viorst.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Judith Viorst is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Judith Viorst is composed of 9 names. You can examine and separate out names.