Credit: Library of Congress
|13,191 (13,422)||619||821|| (4.1)||12||1|
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day 5,994 copies, 328 reviews
- Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday 1,502 copies, 50 reviews
- Alexander, Who's Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean It!) Going to Move 1,146 copies, 47 reviews
- The Tenth Good Thing About Barney 684 copies, 37 reviews
- Necessary Losses 558 copies, 4 reviews
- If I Were in Charge of the World and Other Worries: Poems for Children and… 334 copies, 6 reviews
- Super-Completely and Totally the Messiest! 320 copies, 21 reviews
- My Mama Says There Aren't Any Zombies, Ghosts, Vampires, Demons, Monsters,… 306 copies, 10 reviews
- Lulu and the Brontosaurus 224 copies, 12 reviews
- Earrings! (Aladdin Picture Books) 221 copies, 13 reviews
- I'll Fix Anthony (Aladdin Picture Books) 162 copies, 5 reviews
- It's hard to be hip over thirty and other tragedies of married life 155 copies, 6 reviews
- Rosie and Michael 155 copies, 6 reviews
- The Good-bye Book 130 copies, 16 reviews
- Lulu Walks the Dogs 100 copies, 3 reviews
- Murdering Mr. Monti 97 copies, 1 review
- Absolutely, Positively Alexander 93 copies, 3 reviews
- Imperfect Control: Our Lifelong Struggles With Power and Surrender 92 copies
- How Did I Get to Be 40 & Other Atrocities 85 copies, 2 reviews
- Sad Underwear and Other Complications: More Poems for Children and Their… 76 copies, 4 reviews
- Forever Fifty and Other Negotiations 76 copies, 3 reviews
- Alexander and the Wonderful, Marvelous, Excellent, Terrific Ninety Days:… 70 copies, 4 reviews
- When Did I Stop Being 20 and Other Injustices 63 copies, 1 review
- Sunday Morning 60 copies, 4 reviews
- Nobody Here but Me 52 copies, 17 reviews
- Suddenly Sixty And Other Shocks Of Later Life 52 copies
- The Alphabet From Z to A: (With Much Confusion on the Way) 47 copies, 2 reviews
- Just in Case 47 copies, 5 reviews
- People & Other Aggravations 43 copies, 1 review
- Grown-Up Marriage: What We Know, Wish We Had Known, and Still Need to Know… 41 copies
- Love and Guilt and the Meaning of Life, Etc. 32 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Judith Viorst has 1 upcoming event.
Judith Viorst has 6 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Judith Viorst (born February 2, 1931) is an American author, newspaper journalist, and psychoanalysis researcher. She is perhaps best known for her children's literature, such as The Tenth Good Thing About Barney (about the death of a pet) and the Alexander series of short books.
In the latter part of the 1970s, after two decades of writing for children and adults, Viorst turned to the study of Freudian psychology. After six years of study at Washington Psychoanalytic Institute, in 1981 she became a research graduate affiliated with the institute.
Judith Viorst lives in Washington, DC, with her husband, political writer Milton Viorst. They have three grown sons: Anthony Jacob Viorst, an attorney practicing in the Denver, Colorado area; Nicholas Nathan "Nick" Viorst, an Assistant District Attorney for New York County, and Alexander Noah Viorst.
Related book awards
Improve this author
Judith Viorst is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Judith Viorst is composed of 9 names. You can examine and separate out names.