Credit: Library of Congress
|13,842 (14,362)||665||800|| (4.12)||13||1|
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day 6,319 copies, 354 reviews
- Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday 1,545 copies, 50 reviews
- Alexander, Who's Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean It!) Going to Move 1,201 copies, 49 reviews
- The Tenth Good Thing About Barney 712 copies, 39 reviews
- Necessary Losses 566 copies, 4 reviews
- If I Were in Charge of the World and Other Worries: Poems for Children and… 344 copies, 6 reviews
- My Mama Says There Aren't Any Zombies, Ghosts, Vampires, Demons, Monsters,… 327 copies, 10 reviews
- Super-Completely and Totally the Messiest! 327 copies, 21 reviews
- Lulu and the Brontosaurus 250 copies, 18 reviews
- Earrings! 241 copies, 16 reviews
- I'll Fix Anthony (Aladdin Picture Books) 165 copies, 5 reviews
- It's hard to be hip over thirty and other tragedies of married life 160 copies, 6 reviews
- Rosie and Michael 157 copies, 6 reviews
- The Good-bye Book 134 copies, 16 reviews
- Lulu Walks the Dogs 114 copies, 3 reviews
- Murdering Mr. Monti 98 copies, 1 review
- Absolutely, Positively Alexander 95 copies, 3 reviews
- Imperfect Control: Our Lifelong Struggles With Power and Surrender 92 copies
- How Did I Get to Be 40 & Other Atrocities 87 copies, 2 reviews
- Forever Fifty and Other Negotiations 80 copies, 3 reviews
- Sad Underwear and Other Complications: More Poems for Children and Their… 78 copies, 5 reviews
- Alexander and the Wonderful, Marvelous, Excellent, Terrific Ninety Days:… 72 copies, 4 reviews
- When Did I Stop Being 20 and Other Injustices 67 copies, 1 review
- Sunday Morning 62 copies, 4 reviews
- Suddenly Sixty and Other Shocks of Later Life 60 copies
- Just in Case 53 copies, 5 reviews
- Nobody Here but Me 53 copies, 17 reviews
- The Alphabet From Z to A: (With Much Confusion on the Way) 48 copies, 2 reviews
- People & Other Aggravations 45 copies, 1 review
- Grown-Up Marriage: What We Know, Wish We Had Known, and Still Need to Know… 41 copies
- Love and Guilt and the Meaning of Life, Etc. 34 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
Judith Viorst has 1 upcoming event.
Judith Viorst has 18 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Judith Viorst (born February 2, 1931) is an American author, newspaper journalist, and psychoanalysis researcher. She is perhaps best known for her children's literature, such as The Tenth Good Thing About Barney (about the death of a pet) and the Alexander series of short books.
In the latter part of the 1970s, after two decades of writing for children and adults, Viorst turned to the study of Freudian psychology. After six years of study at Washington Psychoanalytic Institute, in 1981 she became a research graduate affiliated with the institute.
Judith Viorst lives in Washington, DC, with her husband, political writer Milton Viorst. They have three grown sons: Anthony Jacob Viorst, an attorney practicing in the Denver, Colorado area; Nicholas Nathan "Nick" Viorst, an Assistant District Attorney for New York County, and Alexander Noah Viorst.
Improve this author
Judith Viorst is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Judith Viorst is composed of 9 names. You can examine and separate out names.