Photograph by Bennett Miller
|10,844 (12,698)||370||1,022|| (3.87)||136||1|
- Assassination Vacation 3,535 copies, 118 reviews
- The Partly Cloudy Patriot 2,404 copies, 39 reviews
- The Wordy Shipmates 1,933 copies, 115 reviews
- Take the Cannoli 1,827 copies, 22 reviews
- Unfamiliar Fishes 759 copies, 54 reviews
- Radio On: A Listener's Diary 375 copies, 2 reviews
- Family Ties: A Contemporary Perspective 7 copies
- Assassination Vacation 1st edition by Vowell, Sarah published by Simon &… 1 copy
- Assassination Vacation Abridged on CD in Box 1 copy
- Ted Koppel Interview (in McSweeney's 5 - EGGERS) 1 copy
- Diminishing Returns Letter [short fiction] 1 copy
Top members (works)
Sarah Vowell has 1 upcoming event.
NEW Greenlight Nonfiction Book Group
Tuesday, September 9, 7:30 PM NEW Greenlight Nonfiction Book Group discusses Unfamiliar Fishes
Led by Greenlight bookseller Geo, our new nonfiction book group reads and discusses the most fascinating topics in nonfiction, both classic and contemporary, with seasonal themes covering a variety of genres. This season's theme is Places. For its inaugural meeting, the group will discuss Sarah Vowell’s work on Hawaii, Unfamiliar Fishes. The events leading up to the American annexation of Hawaii feature a cast of beguiling, if often appalling or tragic, characters: missionaries, whalers, princesses and queens, sugar barons, con men, and presidents. With her trademark wry insights and reporting, Vowell sets out to discover the odd, emblematic, and exceptional history of the fiftieth state.
Book group titles are discounted 15%, in the store or online, during the month preceding the discussion. http://www.greenlightbookstore.com/bookgroups
Location: Street: 686 Fulton Street City: Brooklyn, Province: New York Postal Code: 11217 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
Sarah Vowell has 1 media appearance.
Sarah Vowell has 22 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
Sarah Vowell is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Sarah Vowell is composed of 6 names. You can examine and separate out names.