David Foster Wallace in 2006. Photo credit: Suzy Allman for the New York Times.
|25,160 (27,587)||513||373|| (4)||318||1|
- Infinite Jest 7,817 copies, 147 reviews
- A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again 3,146 copies, 48 reviews
- Consider the Lobster and Other Essays 2,708 copies, 51 reviews
- Brief Interviews with Hideous Men 2,353 copies, 33 reviews
- The Broom of the System 1,891 copies, 40 reviews
- Oblivion 1,655 copies, 25 reviews
- Girl With Curious Hair 1,513 copies, 18 reviews
- The Pale King 1,300 copies, 33 reviews
- Everything and More: A Compact History of Infinity 1,033 copies, 15 reviews
- This Is Water: Some Thoughts, Delivered on a Significant Occasion, about… 613 copies, 26 reviews
- The Best American Essays 2007 (Editor) 381 copies, 8 reviews
- Both Flesh and Not: Essays 301 copies, 7 reviews
- Fate, Time, and Language: An Essay on Free Will 99 copies, 2 reviews
- Signifying Rappers: Rap and Race in the Urban Present (Author) 97 copies, 2 reviews
- The New Kings of Nonfiction (Contributor) 549 copies, 19 reviews
- Birthday Stories: Selected and Introduced by Haruki Murakami (Contributor) 312 copies, 4 reviews
- Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories 281 copies, 8 reviews
- The Best American Essays 2005 (Contributor) 275 copies, 1 review
- The Best American Short Stories 1992 (Contributor) 167 copies, 2 reviews
- There's No Toilet Paper on the Road Less Traveled: The Best of Travel… (Contributor) 159 copies, 5 reviews
- Why I Write: Thoughts on the Craft of Fiction (Contributor) 142 copies, 3 reviews
- An American Album: One Hundred and Fifty Years of Harper's Magazine (Contributor) 109 copies
- Zadie Smith Introduces the Burned Children of America (Contributor) 87 copies, 1 review
- The Ecco Anthology of Contemporary American Short Fiction (Contributor) 69 copies, 1 review
- Touchstone Anthology of Contemporary Creative Nonfiction: Work from 1970… (Contributor) 62 copies, 1 review
- The Best American Magazine Writing 2006 (Contributor) 59 copies, 1 review
- The Best American Magazine Writing 2001 (Contributor) 54 copies
- Bestial Noise: The Tin House Fiction Reader (Contributor) 46 copies
Top members (works)
David Foster Wallace has 1 upcoming event.
Writers Read Reading Group: Infinite Jest (Section 3)
Left Bank Books
Join us for a reading group discussion of Infinite Jest
(section 3) By David Foster Wallace
A gargantuan, mind-altering comedy about the Pursuit of Happiness in America set in an addicts' halfway house and a tennis academy, and featuring the most endearingly screwed-up family to come along in recent fiction, Infinite Jest explores essential questions about what entertainment is and why it has come to so dominate our lives.
Parking: Lots one block north and one block east; street parking (meters free after 7pm).
For directions and public transportation information, click here.
Location: Street: Left Bank Books Additional: 399 N. Euclid Ave. City: Saint Louis, Province: Missouri Postal Code: 63108 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
David Foster Wallace has 2 media appearances.
A conversation with David Foster Wallace, Jonathan Franzen, and Mark Leyner
David Foster Wallace has 11 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Improve this author
David Foster Wallace is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
David Foster Wallace is composed of 17 names. You can examine and separate out names.