Story text (News-Letter): "Hatfield, (in Massachusetts) March 22. Last Thursday Night, about 12 o'Clock, the Mansion House of the Rev. Mr. Samuel Hopkins, of Hadley, was intirely consumed by Fire, together with all the Furniture except one Bed, a valuable Library, &c. to the Value, as is supposed, of at least 1000l L.M. The Family narrowly escaped with their Lives. Mrs. Hopkins who had been newly brought to Bed, was forced to flee out at a Window, and to take Refuge in a Barn. Several of the Children had but just Time to leap out at a Window, before the Room in which they lodged, was all in Flames. In a Word, the Circumstances of this melancholly Event were such as must touch all the Acquaintance of Mr. Hopkins with the most tender Sympathy."