Melvil Decimal System: 204.3
Dewmoji: 🙏🏽 > 🌌 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Christian practice and observance
Christian pastoral practice and religious orders
Christian organization, social work, worship
History of Christianity
Religious mythology, general classes of religion, interreligious relations and attitudes, social theology
Public worship and other practices
Religious experience, life, practice
Leaders and organization
Missions and religious education
With Respect to Particular Groups of People
Biography; History By Place
Worship, meditation, yoga
Religious life and practice
Works under MDS 204.3
- Bless This Food: Ancient and Contemporary Graces from Around the World by Adrian Butash
- A Mystic Garden: Working with Soil, Attending to Soul by Gunilla Norris
- Self-Meditation by Barbara Ann Kipfer
- 52 Weeks of Conscious Contact: Meditations for Connecting with God, Self, and Others by Melody Beattie
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: A Book of Miracles by Jack Canfield
- Summer: A Spiritual Biography of the Season by Gary D. Schmidt
- With or Without Candlelight: A Meditation Anthology by Victoria Safford
- The 12 Step Prayer Book: A Collection of Favorite 12 Step Prayers and Inspirational Readings by Bill P.
- Pendulums and the Light: Communication with the Goddess by Diane Stein
- A Year of Miracles: Daily Devotions and Reflections by Marianne Williamson
- Meditation Without Myth: What I Wish They'd Taught Me in Church About Prayer, Meditation, and the Quest for Peace by Daniel A. Helminiak
- Meditation As Contemplative Inquiry: When Knowing Becomes Love by Arthur Zajonc
- 365 Prescriptions for the Soul: Daily Messages of Inspiration, Hope, and Love by Dr. Bernie S. Siegel
- Why Buffalo Dance: Animal and Wilderness Meditations Through the Seasons by Susan Chernak McElroy
- The Hidden Beauty of Everyday Life by Kent Nerburn
- Luminous Mind: Meditation and Mind Fitness by Joel Levey
- Divine Soul Songs: Sacred Practical Treasures to Heal, Rejuvenate, and Transform You, Humanity, Mother Earth, and All Universes by Zhi Gang Sha
- The Mystic Hours: A Daybook of Inspirational Wisdom and Devotion by Wayne Teasdale
- The Tao of Now: Daily Wisdom from Mystics, Sages, Poets, and Saints by Josh Baran
- Pray Without Ceasing: The Way of the Invocation in World Religions by Patrick Laude
- Earth Day: An Alphabet Book by Gary Kowalski
- Mantra Meditation: Change Your Karma with the Power of Sacred Sound by Thomas Ashley-Farrand
- Heart Yoga: The Sacred Marriage of Yoga and Mysticism by Andrew Harvey
- Comfort Prayers: Prayers and Poems to Comfort, Encourage, and Inspire by June Cortner
- The 7 Great Prayers: For a Lifetime of Hope and Blessings by Paul McManus
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.